• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

White Sox series

Trainman

Big series with the White Sox in town this weekend. Twins just took the first one!!! With Radke and Santanna coming up, this could be the surge to post season that the Twins need.

Thanks for starting the thread, I was starting to wonder if anybody would. Boof pitched pretty good last night against a very good lineup and the bullpen did what it always does "shuts the door". I was badmouthing Torri last night and he comes up and doubles, then I badmouth him again and he hits a tater! I'm just going to keep badmouthing him and maybe the fools from Chi-town will keep hurling fast balls down the middle for him and maybe Ozzie will intentionally walk anybody to get to Morneau. Smart guy!! I understand the lefty rightyt thing, but Morneau has been our best and most dangerous hitter most of the year.

I know what you are saying buzzsaw. I was at the game last night and I couldn't believe they walked Cuddyer to get to Morneau. I understand the righty lefty thing too, but I would've wanted to face Cuddyer, who had struck out twice before that at bat, before Morneau. Oh well, I won't complain. grin.gif

Should be another good game tonight. Radke has been pretty dialed in lately and we need another good start from him.

I'm supprised, in my opinion anything at the plate that torii does is a bonus. Im so used to him comming up empty. Not saying it right to do, its just the way i have felt latley. GO TWINKIES laugh.gif

Did anyone see our ex twin catcher Pierzynski. Do the sniff out runs thing(touch his nose) when he got back safely to first in that run down. What an arragant ****hole. I never liked him. I'm sorry, but that just pi**ed me off.

I agree. He's a di** head. Can't stand him.

Twins lose 4-1. Honestly, our defense was really sloppy tonight.

I've always been neutral towards A.J., and I always get pissed when people boo him at the Dome. It doesn't make sense to me, he was apart of one of the best trades ever, he didn't leave voluntarily for more money, why should he be booed? But tonight when he did the smell'em nose touch thing, that irked me. I'm not sure if he even technically got an RBI, but even so, he looked right at our dugout when he did it to rub it in.

Hopefully Santana will have a good start tomorrow.

Sorry but I loved AJ and I still like him. He is a good player and just has a lot of heart for his team. Now he is on a different team and everyone hates him. He Plays the game hard and has a lot of passion. Try getting that out of jerks like Manny Ramirez or Sammy sosa. I wish AJ was on a team I did not hate, that way I could cheer him on whole heartedly and enjoy watching him succeed. But no, he is on the terrible whitesox so I have to hope he does bad. Or I could hope he does good and the team still looses. Friendly

Quote:

I hope AJ has a career ending knee injury.

confused.gif I wouldn't wish that on anyone. No matter how much I dislike them.

Santana pitched a great game today. Especially since he pitched nearly the whole game out of the stretch. Sure is nice seeing the twinkies hand it to the sox. 5-1 in the last six with another series next weekend.grin.gif Hopefully we take care of business in Baltimore and Detroit will beat up on the Sox in the next 4 games.

2 out of three!!

Radke pitched good enough , too, only a couple miscues and plain BAD LUCK on Castillo's hit-the-ump ball down the line, separated the score. Not many ML pitchers can stay in it with a 82 mph fastball like he did yesterday. I hope he is teaching Bonzer and Garza how to "pitch" before he retires.

With Detroit hitting a bump in the road lately, it could be a very interesting race down to the wire, yet. smile.gif

I wouldn't get to worked up about AJ. He's just like that. Remember the beam-fest's that these two teams would get into a couple of years ago?

We needed the series this weekend and got it. Let's hope the train keeps on rollin. Next stop Camden yards!

Nice series by the Twinks, about what I expected in the Baggie Dome. Much better seeing the Rangers handle the Kitties. The real series starts tomorrow. 4 with the dreaded Kitties. By this time Thursday, my beloved Pale Hose could be a mear 1.5 games out of first and the Twinks could be 2.5. Just wondering....Who will all you Twinkie lovers be cheering for in the next four games??? Pale Hose or Kitties...Pick your poison!!! Windy

Windy, that is a hard one.......I guess i would like a two game split. As long as the twins sweep.

OR the Sux could be 9.5 out after that series too. That would be my preference, with the TWINS going on a 10-12 game win streak in the next 3 series. laugh.gif

Friendly,

That's what I was hoping for when the Twinks and Kitties faced off. Looks like this one is going down to the wire. I have a feeling that pitching should be the key but for some crazy feeling, I think that the power in the Sox bats is what is going to win the thing this year. The Kitties look like deer in the headlights right now and the Twinks and Sox are starting to chug into action. We may both pass the Kitties up and leave them back in Motown come October (what a dreary place that would be after ruling the roost for most of the season, eh?) Windy

I'm hope Detroit takes 3 out of 4......but my gut says Sox win 3 out of 4...... then again I thought Boston would win 3 or 4 games against the Yanks....

What a race..... grin.gif

Quote:

The real series starts tomorrow.

I think the real series was this weekend Windy. You guys should be more worried about us catching you than you catching the Tigs. They are starting to slide a little bit though.

Nice to see the Twins take it to the Sox although Garland did look pretty good Saturday night.

I've gotta feeling this one is gonna come down to the last series of the year.

I really do not want to be in that dreary place come October. After the year we have had (so far), it would be tough. Our bats seem to have quieted down. In August, we have played the big guys. Tigers have lost 9 of the last 12. If that continues............ We do show up and play hard, every game. We are still pitching well. Just not scoring enough runs. Yesterday we gave up six, but prior to that we seldom gave up more than three. Bonderman had a bad outing. First one in a long time. All in all, I still like our chances. It's not quite a "deer in the headlights" thing yet. We do need to get back to winning. And soon. White Sox Tigers series will be won by whoever pitches best (Like that's a new concept). Hope we can do the Twins a favor.

Glad to see Windy with some guarded optimism these days.

I see my Cubbies are trying to help the Tigs by sending ol' man Neifi there. Me? I don't care who wins more games in the Det/CWS series so long as by the end of it the Twins move to 1st in the WCard and the Sox have dropped to 2nd, or even 3rd.

Geno

Would somebody else's misfortune make up for the lousy and continued futility exhibited by our northside brethern? I guess misery must love company. Not much to cheer for up in the land of the light loafers this year, eh? Windy

Yeah Windy, even your ace Contreras now has an ERA over 4.0

Thats bad news for your team. Although I would still take him over all but two of our pitchers. And one of those two is hurt. So the twins still have their own problems to be concerned with. But the good thing of it is, since Liriano has been out, the twins have not lost any ground. How does that work? WIth all that said, it will go down to the wire. And may the best team win(darn I still think chicago is a better team). The heck with it may all of chicago's guys go into slumps and let the twins slide by. Now that sounds a little better.

friendly

Sorry Windy, GO TIGERS... sweep dem' bad boys!! Put them down there with the Red Sox!! This is fun!

its going to be a fun month in 1/2 of baseball coming up. The Twins should sweep Baltimore then on the Chicago. I am going to Friday, Saturday and Sunday's games in Chi-town wearing my Twins jersey... Sec 131 row 15 right behind home plate.

Quote:

The Twins should sweep Baltimore

FYI... Bonser and Garza pitch in two of those three games, care to change your prediction?

The good news is we don't have to face their best pitcher... Erik Bedard.

I do have my fingers crossed, I'm trying to stay positive. Bonser pitched well against the Sox on Friday night and for Garza, I think this will be his game to win or atleast keep the Twins in the game for a reliever to get the win. The hardest thing to do is walk out of that stadium when your team looses.

Now Buzz, what are you going and apologizing for?

Windy, Windy, Windy...

surely you meant to use words like "lack of talent and ability" instead of "misfortune", right? And by writing about misery loving company are you trying to say the WSox are playing miserably?

Oh, btw, the answer to your question(s) is "YES".

The AL WCard certainly has the makings of an exciting race -- much more exciting than my Cubbies trying to get out of 5th pl.

Now, who do I root against today? It didn't help the BoSox that I was rooting against the Yanks, so instead of worrying about the AL, I suppose I will just have to continue to root against WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE CUBS!