• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fall Stress

Bobby Bass

Fall Stress, just how do you handle it? Some of the best fishing of the year is just around the corner, then there is bird hunting with deer season and the water will be getting hard. The never ending honey do list just keeps getting longer and some great golf with the cooling days and changing of the leaves. Makes me fill guilty to take the month of September off just to fish grin.gif So what do you do in the fall? if you have a choice to you hunt or keep fishing?

I personally keep fishing. Do to my distance from the place we usually hunt I don't get to get up there very often, but lakes are all over our great state and anywhere I am there is one within at least 15 minutes. So I say fish. And also take the month off! grin.gif I wish I had the financial means to do that!

Oh yeah and don't worry about the golf clubs, the view from the lake can't be beat by a golf course shocked.gif

The last thing a golf course needs is me out on it.

Hunt AND fish.

There is no such thing as stress in the fall confused.gif

...But, I should add, if you want to call it stress waiting for all the hunting seasons to open then so be it. grin.gif

Some of the best walleye and crappie fishing of the year is in the fall. Il be fishing and trying not to get shot by the ever present duck hunters. grin.gif

grin.gifreminds me of a local lake I fish have to work around the goose spreads as I am tossing spinner baits..

My stress is deciding where I want to fish in the fall since I don't hunt. Some great bass fishing in october along with walleyes or crappies.

Well, as much as I love fishing, with archery deer season, grouse, and pheasant seasons open its tough to find time to get out on the water. I have had some of my most productive walleye days during the fall though!

I deal with it just fine. smile.gifI bow hunt from Thursday through Sunday,then fish and bird hunt during the week.If that is all you have to do then it does work and there is no stress. smile.gifThe only problem you may run into is resting but it only lasts for two months and then you can rest while ice fishing. smile.gif

Quote:

Some of the best walleye and crappie fishing of the year is in the fall. Il be fishing and trying not to get shot by the ever present duck hunters.
grin.gif

Quit trolling cranks through my decoys then! grin.gif

I try to stay closer to home for hunting and fishing.. less drive time = more time. Duck hunt 3-4 mornings a week when the birds are flying, fish sturgeon during the day(or night) when birds arent flying, troll cranks in the evening when the walleyes turn on. Just about the time the wife goes crazy.. give her some money to go christmas shopping, and promise to take her out of town "next weekend"... when you get there send her out on the 4 wheeler for trail rides when you get out of town.. watch her dissapear down the trail and walk the other way and go grouse hunting. If she complains when you get home and says there wasnt enough *time together*, take her sturgeon fishing!

Nothing beats stress better than an evening in the bowstand. As much as I love fishing, hunting takes over in September.

Yeah, what a guy needs is some time in the stand to settle the stress! Fishing, hunting,work, ect... as long as you have your priorities in line something like that! grin.gif

duck hunting and shooting at spinner baits flying by is a great stress relief. Seriously duck hunting ussally takes presetance over everything but this year I'm going to fish alot more than the past and I'm bow hunting for the first time in a lomg time. Any stress left over will be left on the hard water when it comes. spear shack now thats stress relief. I know I'm getting into the wrong season sorry. lol to everyone.

From the end of Sept. to Thanksgiving there is no such thing as fishing for me. Ducks, Pheasants, Pronghorn, and then Deer. At thanksgiving my ice gear comes out and that is it for hunting for the year. I know I miss some of the best fishing and hunting but there just arent enough days in the year to do everything. But hunting is one of the tops on my list hopefully work doesn't get in the way too much this fall. How ever I wouldn't exactly call it stress. It is just enjoyable to be outside in the fall.

If I took up Hunting of any sort I would never be home, broke and divorced. Heck I cant hardly afford the gas for the boat and truck now. grin.gif

Fishing in the fall is the best! While I respect everybody's decision to hunt int he fall all I can say is THANK YOU for not being on the lakes with me! Don't worry though us fall fishermen will try to save some bigguns for ya, well actually via CPR I save all of the bigguns I get (or at least try to).

Fall stress does not exist for me. Just fish and fish some more. Pretty simple. grin.gif

OK todd, you know me too well...

As much as I eat, just imagine how much I like to hunt and fish!1 smile.gif

Fall is prime time for fishing for me. I'm too hyper-active for bow hunting and for the last several years deer hunting hasn't required more than a few hours during opening weekend; so I just concentrate on fishing. Also being an empty nester and having a wife that just loves it when I take a few days and head out for a fishing trip takes lots of stress out of what used to be a busy time of year with all the back to school activites like football games, swim meets, soccer, etc. One other thing I found out years ago is that MY HONEY can do a few of those projects on that list.

I guess my answer would be, "Do it all! Hunt a little, fish a little, golf a little, do a few things around the house, makes for a well rounded person with a smile on their face! It's all good? Why make a predicament out of it?

Whatever you have the time for...on a rain day, or something similar in nature, like an empty wallet, dig into the "To do" list.

On a day when you and your bud can't devote a whole day to fishing, grab the clubs.

Maybe one day when there is time, combine tihe hunting and the fishing, all kinds of working senarios...it's a good time of year!

But then again, here in Minnesota, when isn't it a good time of year? smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Fall Stress Starts this Saturday.

-Early goose hunt this weekend.

-I am hunting sharptails in North Dakota next weekend and then start a new job on Monday.

-Following weekend Minnesota ruffed grouse season opens.

This is the greatest time of the year. The only bad part is no time for fishing and the girlfriend always wonders if I moved out because she never sees me unless she comes with.