• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Michael Cuddyer

buzzsaw

Quote:

2 out RBI's

Justin Morneau 46

Michael Cuddyer 43

David Ortiz 40

This is the point I was about to make. He is 2nd in the AL in RBI's with 2 outs. That's about as clutch as it gets. I too get discouraged by the number of K's he gets. Sometimes it looks like he's just clueless....like the pitcher really has his number. Other times he makes the big hit or big throw.

Overall I think he is a quality player. It's more than just hitting that makes up a player. Cuddy has been good in the outfield (a little lack in speed), but he's got a very good arm and can play the dome well. His batting can be up and down, but that's baseball. I think just about any team would be happy to have him. I'm just glad he's on ours.

Well said BC, I think it just took a long time for them to decide where he fit. In some ways his overall ability to do a lot of thing respectably, but none outstanding, made it harder to know where to put him. Hunter's bounced all over the lineup & been inconsistent as a hitter, but he was so good in center there was no question he'd be there, it was just where to bat him, but as he got regular play his production improved considerably. Hunter's a great defensive player, but not a great overall player. Cuddy didn't have all of those AB's because of his great defense, although other than being inconsistent at third he was never a liability either. I never thought of him as a right fielder before, but now it seems like such an obvious spot for him, with that hose he's got for an arm.

He's got decent 5 hitter numbers, which is really what he is, it's just that it happens to work out better for our true 4 hitter to hit 5th. Mauer being a lefty in the 3 hole has plenty to do with that.

I'd be interested to see how the combined 4-5 production of our team stacks up with other teams. It's going to be behind Konerko & Dye in homers, but not RBI's, Ortiz & Manny for sure Giambi & ARod at least currently, but it's right there about as good as anybody else I'd guess. The Mets have Beltran & Delgado again more homers, but RBI's about the same.

I just think all the Cuddyer discussion in this thread and other threads is a testament to how far along the Twinks have come.

Last year we were begging for anyone that could hit a long ball or come up with a big hit. Now we got a guy who is on pace for 27 HRs, 120 RBI and over 100 runs and we have had some people in the baseball forum calling for head because he strikes out too much.

You've got to love how much the Twinks have raised the bar for the fans.

I think your pace is a little off. 9 dingers and 40 ribbies in a little over a month is out of reach. If he gets 22 bombs and 100 ribbies everyone should be thrilled to death.

FI

don't forget--- it's not like Cuddyer is a old man. It's his 3rd or 4th full year in the majors and is still improving. The future is very bright for the Twins.

Cuddy does it again, picks off advancing runner going to 3rd with a cannon shot from right field. Wipes out the double that he could not get to. (KC game )

Quote:

Cuddy does it again, picks off advancing runner going to 3rd with a cannon shot from right field. Wipes out the double that he could not get to. (KC game )

I'm convinced he has the best arm in all of Baseball....some of his throws and especially the one tonight are INSANE...

Saw the slow motion replay, slowed down even further with Tivo. Close play........... OUT! blush.gif

Other than his strikeouts, there really isn't much missing from his game. Hits for power, terrific defense. He's only 27. I'd say he's our right fielder for quite a while.

Quote:

Its bizarro world the last 2 days.

Dats baseball for ya......

Two tough losses at home and the comeback by Chi Town and the Tiger's to avoid the double header sweep...... mad.gif

It was a homerun. Nice to see Gardy argue that call until he got tossed! The ump is gonna feel like a dumb a$$ when he sees the replay on espn tonight.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.