• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Between 94 and catfish bar

Burchoid

Fished the 17' hump in front of the beach on the WI side from about 5:30PM-9:30PM. Lots of fish marked on the vex between the drops from 18'-22' and a few nice clouds of baitfish here and there. Picked up only 1 keeper sauger on a leadhead and plastic grub.

The guys I was with were fishing lindy rigged worms but with a single hook. Lots of bit off worms because it was their first time fishing a lindy rig and they would try setting the hook the instant they felt a bite. By the time they got the hang of it not much was biting.

Anyone else catch em down that way? We launched out of beanies and didn't see many other boats.

I gave it a try last Wed. and tried cranks and crawlers and caught a whole bunch! Sheephead that was. Started at the Beach house and hit every spot I know and never did catch a eye. HTB

we tried the flats/drop-off just off the point of Catfish and all we caught were sheephead too... haven't tried the humps a bit further north of there yet. Should be active there pretty soon as the fall bite approaches.

So where are they right now? I looked at years past around this time and found several people who said they did well in 12-14'.

Where is pebbles beach? Is that the beach I was fishing in front of? (huge beach on WI side half way between 94 and catfish bar)

Hit the humps out there the last three weekends.Pulled some nice eyes on cranks.Last weekend was very slow out there though.Still managed a few nice eyes pulling cranks on the shore breaklines.A very mixed bag of fish last Saturday,Gar,Silvers,Sheephead,Cats,Smallmouth and Saugers.This is mainly a morning bite that ive been fishing,still too many boats to contend with for me to stay out much past 11am.Anyone try pulling deep for saugers?35 to 39 feet has been a good depth to me in past summers,but I havent tried it yet this year..

I have to agree with you, c-eyes, that this area is a better morning bite than late-day bite... been out a few times in the early a.m. around catfish and did pretty well - this the same spot around dusk and stinkeroo, just sheepies. Plan on going out early Saturday, will probably start at the humps midway between the bridge and catfish and then go down to catfish. If I get out early enough, I might break out the musky pole first and throw some chunkers around the marina...

I fished a spot in the area last sunday and C&Rd two walleyes 20-23" also got three 15-16" fish. Oddly enough the walleyes were hitting mid day and as the day went on we started catching sheepheads. As far as boat traffic things will pick up once fall fishing hits.

went to the river earlier this evening and picked up a couple eyes by catfish bar on spinners(gold blade)with crawlers. Seen a few get caught, a blue ranger seemed to be on em least they boated a couple, next trip planned is for early saturday morning, should be good!