• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CBS News....another anti-hunting story

Polar Bear

To nobody's surprise, CBS news once again distorts and misrepresents a story about hunting. Just tonite (8-15) they did a story on the renewal of sport hunting the brown bears of the McNeil game sanctuary in Alaska. They used the terms: "shooting fish in a barrel" and "just like killing your neighbors dog" to describe the reintroduction of hunting to the area for the purpose of limiting the size of the exploding bear population.

But what really ticks me off is the way the intro stated that bears would be hunted in Alaska "for the first time in half a century". Any one with half a brain knows that the browns have been widely hunted in Alaska for as long as can be remembered. Once again, CBS slams the same hunters who's licence fees pay for all the other non-game wildlife programs.

I seen that same report and thought the same thing. They interviewed 4-5 people that opposed the hunting and only one guy who was in support of it and that guy was kind of a dud. Two of the people opposing it were obviously biased since they make their living off bringing tree huggers in to watch the bears feed.

They said it would be like shooting fish in a barrel because the bears were so used to people being around. Who's fault is that???? The idiots who think they need to be 20 feet away from the bears while they are feeding so they can sit there and watch them. You would like to think the elevator goes to the top floor in most people but it obviously does not. It is "obviously" the hunters fault for shooting bears that are so used to having people around them in THEIR natural habitat.

Sorry for going off but I really hate stupid people.

I didn't get a chance to see the story but I did hear about it earlier in the news cast. Im glad I actually didn't see it because I would of been really p!ssed off. Well put EDGE most of these people that think they know what they are doing...but they haven't gotten the slighest clue at all. Its the same thing for the Boundary Waters when the fires were burning....oh lets spend millions of dollars for fire crews to come in and put them out...but oh yes it is a prestine(sp?) wilderness and we can't let loggers come into BWCA to log out the blow down because they would ruin the prestine wilderness, because we must keep it natural. Ahh ok so then why don't you let the fires burn?? because fire is natural and it cleans the forests out and brings in new vegetation. Canada just lets the fires go in the Quetico, so why don't we in the BWCA??? It would save us alot of money that is spent not wisely! Same goes for the local city bow hunt in St. Cloud where guys have to pass a shooting test in order to get a permit to hunt in the City limits for the hunt and the paper had an article about it and people were complaining and whining because they think that these bow hunters are gonna snipe their kids or a hit deer and it will die in their yard, and they wouldn't want a dead deer in their yard?? You can't win with people like that, so you just gotta tell them either to shut up or keep on going on what you were doing in my opinion. Our society as a whole is starting to get to pansy and no one does anything about it or stands up against it.

Don't these people realize that the fact that the bears are accustomed to being around humans is placing them and in particular their children in grave danger? Hunting them and taking them for food seems like about the best thing that could happen. Allowing the population of a dangerous animal to grow accustomed to a potential meal supply is asking for trouble. Of course, it would be the bear's fault when that happens and then they'll cry that all the bears need to be erradicated.

I agree...stupid people!

Bob

I will be checking that one out. What night was that? I am going to get the Email for the CBS, pertinent parties and leave them a little piece of factual news that they can digest. If I can I will leave the addresses on this thread, that way more people can address their anti-hunting rhetoric.

Please advise.

Thanks

The same CBS that ran a national Guard story on the prez using forged documents?? Why expect facts. i would not get to mad, though. CBS has some of the worst ratings.