• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

CR dam to anoka, boatable?

Captain Bob

Hi,

Does anyone know if the area between the Coon Rapids dam and the Anoka/Champlin bridge is OK right now for a prop boat? I have a 17' Lund Explorer and would like to get out on the river. Thought this area might not be too low. I'm looking to chase some smallies, which are hopefully hanging out somewhere I can reach them.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Always! Thanks for the info guys. I'll check her out and see if I can't find me some smallies.

Bob

Quote:

Always! Thanks for the info guys. I'll check her out and see if I can't find me some smallies.Bob

Oh, You're lookn' for smallies aye?

Ya better go to lake...everyone here knows there ain't no smallies in that nasty arse river.....

BTW, Good Luck!

Well, that's all we caught for the most part, "smallies." Our largest fish was 17.5". We did pick up quite a few that look promising for future years. Nice to know the river is extremely navigable in that stretch. I remember the work on the dam last year and heard there were some issues with it this season, but plenty of thick water to get around in there. But that's about as far as I can go without owning a prop company grin.gif