• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Water levels are now low enough that many people are finding their boat lifts useless. I don't think the lake can get much lower and hope that is the case. Water temperature has been holding in the 74-79 degree range and the cisco have stopped dieing for the most part.

Musky fishing has been very good. We are seeing fish all over the lake and catching them on top-water and bucktails for the most part. Yesterday my client landed a 40" and then a 41" in 15 minutes. Anglers should keep in mind if they are trying the pencil reeds they need to be careful not to break them as it will kill the plant. The more we kill the less the fish have to hide in.

Walleye fishing is going strong on the steep breaks in 17-25 feet of water during the day and some good fishing on the flats in the evening. Crawler rigs and crank baits have taken all our fish as of late. The jumbo perch bite is strong too. Many big 12-13 inch fish being caught on deeper gravel and rocks. Enjoy the last days of summer as the big fish of fall will be on our minds soon!

Brian,

Can you even get a boat threw the Pike channel right now??? If not I will have to target the muskies on the bay. i think that is all I will pretty much do the whole week. Are you guiding next week at all???

wink.gif

I think I got a text message from that particular client the night this happened! wink.gif

Heard he's had a few other big girls going, as well.

Is the lake so low that there are hazards that we would have cruised right over before that we might not cruise right over anymore?

Brad

PBC,

I do have some trips booked next week but wish the week had filled! Right now I think you could get a small boat into Pike Bay but that is about it unless you get out and push might be the exception.

Brad,

This week my boat had 9-10 muskies eat so the bite is on. Now that some of those clients have experience with these beasts maybe they will put some in the boat next year. Heard you are headed to the Big V. instead of Cass. I'm headed your way in less than a month and will try to swing by the Bar & Grill for refreshments! Jim had one hit last night on the figure8 and maybe you heard about the one that got away with his father. Hope to see you soon.

Brian,

Let me know what night you will be up there and maybe I can stop by for a few icy cold Blue Moons and a walleye po boy! Maybe if we are really good, Commanche will let us watch the Sox game, how bout it Jim? Hope the vaca was beautiful, ours was a rousing success. I will post more on my report.

Windy