• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where is Windy?

CodyDawg

Is he on a 2 month vacation? I suspect he is lurking. Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Seriously, the Chisox are not out of it. I sure hope their pitching continues to suck, cuz I am a little scared of that lineup.

One other administrative question....does someone have to win the east???

ya where is the big ole "wind" bag??? Just kidding. I am sure he is checking in and out of here. I am sure he is just waiting for the ChiSux to come alive before he talks his smack back on here. As of right now he has nothing to talk about. The "Sux" are falling faster each and everyday!!

I was wondering about that myself, it's awfully quiet in here, not one hint of a breeze. cool.gif

It must be a crow hunting vacation. grin.gif

His last prediction was a 4 game lead on the Kitties by the time he comes back. Mr Breeze may be on a two or three year vacation. smile.gif

Yo running mate, you're being called out... the bat signal has been sent.

Please tell us what's wrong in the "Windy" city. blush.gif

He always disapears when his team goes on a skid. But unfortunatly, Im fairly confident that the sux will go on another tear hear shortly. They are just to good. The problem with that is then windy will be back and we will have to put up with him again. confused.gif

So lets enjoy it while it lasts. Ah it sure is nice.

friendly.

Maybe next year Windy should plan his Northern Minnesota vacation til after the baseball season. Wasn't it about his vacation time last year the Sox started their dive and near late season collapse?

Down to Earth

I've been forced to do a post regular season (OCT) northern MN vacation this year, and I'm really, really hoping to be delayed in the cities by some AL Wildcard Play-off game traffic on I-35. Make it be so Twinkies! smile.gif

I was going to start this thread yesterday his 2 week vacation should have ended last Sunday if I'm not mistaken so we should have heard from him by now.....has he posted a Cass Lake report?

I have some specific questions for Windy.... grin.gif

did commanche jim go on vacation too?

maybe windy was having such a good time he decided to stay an extra week?

Like Jack Nicolson said in The Shining as he bashed through the door with an axe....."WENDY....I"M HOME!"

The man, the myth, the legend, the world famous Windy City Walleye Hunter has returned from a two week engagement up north in the deep waters of Cass Lake, bearing frozen fillets of the Walleye Beast to fill his family freezer...COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU!!!

Sorry guys, here's the scoop.

I get back last Saturday, get everything put away on Sunday and get the beast (Lund) all cleaned up and Monday they come to convert my dial up to high speed broadband, snafu hits and I am without a computer for the next three days, though I could read your comments from my computer at work I could not reply. Then I get the puter back and now I can't reply CAUSE MY BELOVED PALE HOSE REFUSE TO LOSE! They knock off the Kitties in a three game sweep, knocking the lead down to only 5.5 games and I am about to wet myself waiting to reply. So, I guess now is as good a time as any. Going to the game tomorrow against KC, went to the first game vs Yanks on Tuesday and I have tix for the Sept showdown with the Kitties. Cass Lake trip was a gas, if anybody wants to read more just go to the Cass Lake thread for my full report. So how bout them Sox???

What happened to the second greatest pitcher ever to rub a rosin bag? One too many curve balls? Though Garza had a nice outing his first start, hee hee. Anywho, I am back and if I were a Kittie fan, I would be awfully nervous. They have beat up on some cream puffs this year so far, 11 from KC I believe and my Pale Hose have swept them twice so far. I think they have a losing record against the Sox, Yanks and Bo Sox if I recall. I have to say, I like our position right now and like I always said, if the roller coaster just went up it would be a boring ride. Oh well, got to run fellas. Let me have it, right between the eyes. And for Buzz...I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica...Sorry wrong presidential speech!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

And I think I know why Windy...she's not a Sox fan so you have no chance at BSing her to believe you about it not being "relations". Much like you have no chance BSing us about how you feel that you are in "good position" that the WSox are headed back up on the coaster. As they have already proven this year, what goes up, comes down, so I'm sure we'll see it again out of them. You're just lucky the Twins lost Liriano or you'd be looking at 3rd Place and no WCard which I think is still very possible.

I read your Cass post, and knew it was hot up there for you so I'm glad you had good luck regardless. But you didn't mention any 'shroomSwiss burgers - didn't PHole let you watch the WSox there?

PS - I'm not buying that no 'puter BS either. I would gladly have let you use mine if only you had asked.

Geno,

Our trip to the Hole was a huge success, though we kinda of landed like the troops at Iwo Jima. We rented a pontoon for the day from Wishbone and we took 14 of our troops on that and the other 9 went in some of our other boats. They were supposed to open at 11 and a paper sign said they would be open at noon. We landed at about 12:20 on Friday and the owner seemed kind of like he was looking down the barrell of a shotgun. He was by himself!

Then after we invade he gets about 5 other boats in the next 10 minutes and he looks like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! He was a little cranky to my sister in law and I went to talk to him and let him know who I was and how much business we bring him on the FM hotline and he warmed up a bit but he was still worried about being able to get all our food out at once. I told him not to worry and to just take us table by table. I told him the longer the food took, the more we would drink! Everything turned out fine and we were all fed and watered in about an hour. I didn't go for the shroom burger this time. I opted for the half pound Pike Holer, two cheeses, bacon, ham and all the veggies. What a burger. The animals among our group who also went for the half pounders discovered that they were easier to sneak up on if you flipped them over first and bit the bottom. I know my wife likes it when I flip her...never mind, anywho, all went well though the passage from Cass to Pug is LOW!!! we were pulling about a foot and maybe a half and it was shallow, motors were up and going very slow.

We also ate at Chippewa Paws over by Knutson Dam. Did you know that the new owners this year are from Wheaton? They sold all their property in Illinois and moved up to Cass and they manage Chippewa Paws resort and restaurant. I stopped there with the Mrs. and we had dinner. I had a Chicago style Italian beef and she had the chicken strips. Both were tasty. The beef was authentic Chi town tasting and he found a supplier up there for the beef but he has to special order the giardinara from Marconi's right here in the Windy. I wanted to pick up a few crawlers to fish that night but he was out of crawlers. He asked me if I wanted some leeches to I said yes and he gave me a bag of about 8 dozen, ON THE HOUSE. Needless to say, leeches were the bait of the day for the next two weeks, though I did resort to my "go to" bait, crawlers. We also used alot of crankbaits in shallow water at dusk and early morning which were deadly.

I hope everybody reading this will visit the Pike Hole and Chippewa Paws and tell them you are from Fishing Minnesota, we are catching on and making an impact in business for Cass Lake people, just ask Brian, he is quickly becoming a force to be recconned with on Cass Lake. This was my fifth year with him and this is his fifth year in business. You should see the shirts and stuff he is working on, great artwork. He is also working on a top water muskie DVD that should be available soon. My father in law and me happened by him on the water while he was fishing for muskie and had a camera crew in his boat. We talked for a while but the heat was blistering up around 100 degrees and we bugged out back to our cabins for a few frostys while we waited for the evening bite.

I talked briefly to Clark at the Shoe and said hey, he said hey right back, kind of like Mayberry! And as far as my computer story goes... I did not have sexual relations with ....sorry, wrong story. I think I better get used to the roller coaster as things are going to get wild here on the south side. How bout my boy, Freddie "boom boom" Garcia (pardon my Welcome Back Kotter reference) So the answer to the question of the day...There has been only one team to sweep the Kitties this year and they did it twice SO FAR!!!

And the answer is....anybody.....anybody....Bueller...Bueller????

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

Alright, the board has a heartbeat again! It has been awfully quiet here as our Twins had the WC lead and have given it right back. Atleast Radke is turnin' it up a notch for us, we need help/depth at the starting pitching position... it looks like the pale hose are about the start ramping it up at the right time and may just take the division from the Kitties.... only time will tell, glad your back. wink.gif

Sorry its not baseball chat, but I gotta take a minute to thank Windy for his lunchtime story about PHole/Cass. It gave me some great visuals! Wish I was up there and can't wait for next year's trip.

Thanks again Windy.

You take that incredible picture Buzz?

Welcome back Windy, we missed your Chisox smack talk. It's been nothing but Twins propoganda since you left. smile.gif I have to admit it appears the Sox can beat the Kitties in head to head. And that would be a problem for the Kitties if the Sox were actually going to make the playoffs this year. grin.gif

Yes Spinner, I'm guilty! Go to the "Bird watching" and the "Photo's" forum up near the top and you'll see alot of cool pics. wink.gif

Buzz,

Nothing that pretty up in Cass Lake, except the beautiful fillets that are now in my freezer. Pretty wild photos. I saw some of your shots on an older post. We have thought about getting one of those hummingbird feeders but didn't know if they really work. Talk to you later, got tix to the game tonight and Big Bad Jon is hurling for my beloved Pale Hose. I hope I am not hurling after a few innings! I don't know who to cheer for in the BoSox/Kitties game. I think I would rather see my Pale Hose and the Carmines win and get a little closer to the Kitties, that should put a kink in their collective colons! Looks like the pressure already has gotten to Pudge Rodriguez. He had to be the MVP in the Sox series...FOR THE SOX. 0-12 at the dish and he gets tossed for arguing a ball that was clearly a strike, I think his coller is getting a little tight as the cloud of dust gets closer from out west of Motown, both in the Windy and Twin Cities.

As usual...YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy

Welcome back Windy! Just in time to see my redbirds fly south, great timing confused.gif Seriously dude welcome back and nice fishing report there! laugh.gif

Buzz

I'll check out the other forums. I wouldn't mind getting hold of a few of those PIC files. I have temporary access to a very nice color laser.

Tim

Don't worry, I have the cure for any slump. The Reds are coming to your town tomorrow, and we've already won our series this month. That should do it. The NL Central race is way past pathetic.

Sweet! I could e-mail you pics that you could make poster sized! Check out those forums, pretty sweat stuff and comment, we like to hear about our efforts here on FM. wink.gif

Welcome back Windy. I sure hope the races continue to tighten, it will make for some interesting board banter in the coming weeks. It was 51 this morning outside, fall is right around the corner!

Thanks guys,

Went to the game Monday and everything was beautiful. My beloved Pale Hose put up a snowman in the 4th inning capped off by a Thome homer and they cruise 12-2 with Big Jon well in command through the whole game....

THEN THEY PLAY LIKE ST.MARY's School for the Blind the next two games against the lowly Royals. I know that the Royals swept the BoSox but come on...They're the Royals for crimany sake. Looks like the final quarter of 2006 is going to be a barn burner. Twinks are next up, then the Kitties and then the Twinks again. We should get a better idea after the next 10 games or so. The way my Pale Hose are playing tonight they don't even get a ....YOU CAN... from me tonight. Windy!

Hey Windy,

Man those Royals sure are the Twins best friend right now. They took 3 from Boston, 2 from your Sox, and gave us 4 at their place.

GO KC!!!!

P.S. Can't wait for the series this weekend. Should be a good one. I think that Sox-Twins rivalry is gonna be in prime form the rest of the year. Two great teams fighting it out to see who gets to take on the Big Money Boys in NYC.