• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dishwasher trouble

Seeker of Clayface

Question

We have a Kenmore, about 4 years old. Just recently, every load comes out with a soapy film and dried food particles. Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

I have trouble with hard water in my area. Twice the spray holes get clogged with hard white stuff (calcium)? (top and bottom).

You can run some stuff through it like CLR or vinigar, and see if it helps. Also, check the screen at the bottom of the tub to make sure it's not clogged. You will have to take some parts off to get everything cleaned out if that is the problem.

Before you call someone...I'm sure there is an expert here to help you get it fixed.

I can deal with boat problems, but if something like a dishwasher goes down...my better half is all over me. I can't even look at my boat until the crisis it taken care of! crazy.gif

We had a similar problem with a Whilpool a few years ago. We do most of the laundry on the warm wash/cold rinse setting and use liquid detergent. We found out that without a hot water cycle every once in a while some of the soap and lint build up on the inside of the outer tub of the washer. When it gets thick enough it starts to flake off.

The repairman pulled out the agitator and the inner tub and scraped the crud off. Then we ran the washer twice on the hot/hot setting with no clothes and it cured the problem. Now my wife runs a load on the hot/hot setting about 1 time a month and we haven't had any problems.

If you can figure out how to get the agitator out it didn't much work to clean out the crud.

Pat, you wash your laundry in the dishwasher? Hmmm...might have to try that one...

Maybe I've been in the office TOO long today....but that was the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time...

Thanks guys...I needed that.

LOL, I thought it was funny too. But then again, I sit in an office all day. haha

on a side note, you would be surprised how clean stuff gets in a dishwasher, I wash all my hats in there. haha, works great!