• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Your signature?

Bobby Bass

What's behind your signature? My signature is from a sign hanging in my den given to me my a friend. He remembered the first time we floated the Cloquet river and we said we would be done by 5 in the afternoon and it was dark by the time we finally got off the water, our girlfriends were not to happy waiting hours for us at the landing.

Being a big online computer gamer.. I was very familiar with a quote.. and I changed the original quote from "base" to "bass"... Here's the skinny on the quote (from Wikipedia):

"All your base are belong to us" (often referred to as "All Your Base" or abbreviated AYBABTU, AYBAB2U, or simply AYB) is an Engrish phrase that sparked an Internet phenomenon in 2001 and 2002. The text is taken from the opening cut scene of the English version of the 1989 Japanese video game Zero Wing by Toaplan. While the translation was generally poor, this phrase stood out as particularly humorous. From mid-to-late 2000 many images were digitally altered so that the phrase was added in, either obviously or discreetly, led by the Something Awful Forums[1]. Some of these images were compiled with those created and posted to a forum thread on TribalWar.com by their members; one of whom, known only as "Bad_CRC", created the AYBABTU Flash animation that was widely downloaded and later featured on various online and televised news outlets.

A good snowmobiling friend of mine use to say

"It snows everyday in heaven" - Doug Dinger #73

I believe its written that way on his headstone. He passed away in a snowmobiling accident 3 years back.

If you know me, you'd know I spent 20 years in the worlds finest Navy. Was then, still is.

Mine kinda speaks for itself. You wanna (Contact Us Please) at me? I am gonna give you a reason grin.gif

Something I've had to say to my kids many many times... and heard from my Dad & Grandpa when I was young. Kind of explains itself after that... cool.gif

A phrase an old coworker used to use, along the lines of "you know what I'm saying?". Still gets a pause in a conversation from someone who has never heard it before. Previous origins unknown, but I'd love to hear any opinions.

And, of course, the old Garage Logic "Good Luck!".

catching vs. fishing.

well my dad always had said that "you go out to fish, not to catch." there are to many that go out to catch, not to fish. fishing brings us closer to our being. he also said that he has been told that for every hour you spend fishing. adds an hour to the end of your life. so if you go out fishing you will never come home dissapointed. and if you just go out to catch, you may often come home dissapointed. ... paul

The first time I heard the quote on my signature was from an 80+ yr old guy that I used to fish with years ago.

grin.gifgrin.gif

Nick

I am very insecure about my weight when I put waders on and I hate it when other hunters stare and whisper things behind my back.

I just want to look my best out in the slough.

Well, it's a line in a movie that has always cracked me up. More importantly, it also the name of my ice shack on Mille Lacs.

BB, When I was a young and in trouble alot my granfather would say "son there is time to keep it loose and a time to keep it tight"

A saying I find myself telling buddies who just casually fish, then sit, then maybe fish, then talk my ear off. So "Shut up and fish!"

My younger brother is notorious for hooking into a good fish and yelling "Got one!" only to discover a few seconds later the fish has broken his line or somehow managed to get off, which I then hear him say in a very frusterated tone...."Had one." It cracks me up cause it happens at least once everytime we're on the water together.

Everytime I USE to say things, I would say "And there you go" as I was trying to prove my correct point. I got some ribbing about this phrase so I hardly use it anymore, but it comes out time to time. When I do use it, I do hear about it grin.gif

I had to explain mine a little as a lot of people don't understand it. It's "shorthand".

See the itty bitty ducks?

Them are no ducks.

Oh yes they are, see the itty bitty wings?

While I'll be, them are ducks!

My 5th grade teacher wrote it on the board and no one got it til he explained it. I always remembered it after that. He was a Navy man and very strict. I got in a lot of trouble in his class but looking back, he was the best teacher I had. He also gave us a "test" that tested how well we read directions. The first line was "Fill in your name and do not write anything below." Or something like that. Needless to say, I filled in the entire page. It was like a survey or something from what I remember. I wish I could find it online, but I've tried to no avail.

Remember when the depth finder was called Grandpa?

saw this on a sign at the VRC near Vermillion, and it just kinda stuck in my mind. I was very close with my grandfather and was always amazed at how he was able to do just about everything so it fit him.