• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

DuluthMedic

Monday I'm takin my little lady for a little two day fishing getaway. Any suggestions on a good lake within a few hours of Duluth. We plan on staying at a little dive motel for a few bucks or puttin up a tent. Any help with some hungry fish and a place to stay would great. Thanks!

BD110

DuluthMedic,

I can't tell you where to fish on this lake but if you need lake to choose from let me start out by suggesting Winnie. You should be able to find a place to stay between Deer River and Winnie itself.

I'm sure others may have a little more info. Hope you have good time on your trip.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

DuluthMedic

Hey thanks alot. I fished Winnie in the winter for the first last year, saw some really big eyes threw the spear hole. Maybe we will go there. Thanks!

Down Deep

If you want to pitch a tent I'd recommend Kabetogama. Island campsites all over and the fishing should be improving and moving toward a strong fall bite. Lots hiking trails. If you want to stay on shore Harmony Beach Resort on the east end has a nice campground. The owners are nice people and very helpful with the fishing information. There are several other resorts in the area as well

Surface Tension

Bring your tent along and go inland (North) of the Cascade River. Fourmile, Wilson, Whitefish, Section 18, Toohey, Harriet all have eyes and most camping. Theres a few trout lakes in the area too.

Granny

If your up for camping check out Savannah Portage State Park near McGregor. There are a couple of lakes in the park. We caught largemouth and pike in one of the them (Shumway?) and there are trout in another (Loon?). I believe the lakes are electric motors only.

Granny

Northlander

I just did the exact thing. Stayed at the Rambler Inn in I-Falls and fished Rainy Lake. Beautiful lake and a lot of nice fish. I didnt catch a bunch but I watched Fishmeister and his guys put on a clinic. If ya want more info e-mail me.

Koldfront Kraig

I agree with Surface Tension.

Hit the Sawbill trail.

Lots of nice lakes with few people.

DuluthMedic

Well, I got an inside scoop on Namakan lake area from a co-worker. So far thats were I am thinking of going. From what i'm told there is camping all over and its great eye country.

DuluthMedic

Well It's almost 5am, leaving in a few minutes for Namakan for the fist time. I'm pretty pumped!!! Hope the this are hungary. I'll give a report when I get back! Later.

Surface Tension

The weather looks good for a few days, have fun and good luck.