• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fantasy Draft? Alexander or Tomlinson?

Sportland_Bait

Who would you pick and why? It seems to be a toss up for most experts. Our league scores a point per reception also.

LT-- hands down. Why-- Seattle will be down (lost Hutchinson) and I think LT is the much better back anyway. He remids me of Barry Sanders-- and I can't think of another back I would want to be comapred to.

I'd also add Larry Johnson in the mix. One thing about LT is that Philip Rivers is the starting QB with not much experience in the NFL and when he did play last year he didn't look that good so LT might have a few less chances near the end zone. The loss of Steve Hutch is a big loss for Alexander but I don't think his numbers will be affected to much. If I had # 1 pick I'd take Larry.

I would probably take LJ as well. Although he lost his blocking full back and Roaf claims he is retiring so that might affect him some.

But he was unstopable at the end of last year. He carried my fantasy team.

They all have their question marks, but I really don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

LT-has a new QB, but everything else has remained. Have a pretty decent schedule.

Alex- Lost Hutch, but they play in a really weak division and even their our of division schedule is weak. I don't think he'll put up 28tds again, but I really don't see much of a drop off for him this season.

LJ- lost Roaf, his OC, and head coach. I know he was a stud last season, but that is a lot of change.

If it were me in a PPR league, I would go with LT, but like I said you really can't go wrong with any.

LJ is a good choice and so is LT but I would take Alexander the Great if I got the chance. Actually, i hope I get pick #3 that way I will get a better pick on the way back up.

If anyone can ruin a football team it's Herm Edwards. If I get 1st pick (again) this year, I'm going to think long and hard about LJ.

Alexander doesn't get as many catches and I heard they may TRY to pass more this year. Tough to say.

I had LT last year and while he didn't get the projected numbers, he alone won me a few games but wasn't the stud as thought. Shotty didn't call any pass plays to him early, and after a few games they included him in the passing game and SD started winning. For some reason they decided that wasn't any fun and quit passing to LT and started losing again. Go figure....

LT, they're a rushing offense and when they don't feel like rushing they just give it to LT anyway smile.gif

I somehow picked up LT on my FF team... so maybe I'm a little biased now wink.gif

Nobody runs the ball inside the 10 more than Seattle does. They may say they're going to pass more, but I can't believe they're going to change things up that much considering they went to the Super Bowl last year.

LT is probably the best all around player of the three, but he disappeared during the fantasy playoffs last year. The Chargers like that Turner guy as a backup and will probably spell LT more often to keep him fresh.

Seattle has a better overall offense and plays in a weak division. Then again, the last time LT had a rookie QB he caught 100 passes.

Just pray you get a top three pick and flip a coin.

Quote:

Just pray you get a top three pick and flip a coin.

Pray you get the #3 pick and your decision is made all the easier. Heck even at 4 I wouldn't be disappointed in taking either Barber or Portis.

Better yet hope for the last pick so you get two in a row. Ended up with Manning and Harrison one year. That was the year I won it all.

But top 3 for me would have to go like this:

Tomlinson

Alexander

Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

I would take LJ all the way #1. He is a stud, and averaged something like 150 yards per game when roaf was out last year. Roaf being gone hurts gonzo the most as he will do more blocking.

If you get points for receptions I would take LT with the second pick.

If no points for receptions I would take Alexander #2. One over looked theme is: he plays Arizona week 14 and San Fran week 15 thats almost a lock to get you to the championship game where he plays SAN Diego in week 16.