• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Garza called up

Outdoors_guy

Matt Garza was called up after they sent Smith back to AAA. Garza will be pitching friday against Toronto. Now we will be able to see what he is capabale of doing in the Big league.

Good deal. Can't wait to see him pitch. Where did you hear that though, I can't find it anywhere?

It would be awesome. I have not seen anything about this though. Where did you hear this or see it????

That would be nice. Though I can't find anything official on it. Nothing on KFAN, Twins site, or any other SPorts site.

That was the plan give Smith a shot "seeya" and then Bring up Garza.

This is going to be fun guys, I think we are the Favorites for the Wild Card now... shocked.gif

Go Twins..... grin.gif

Remember there are no guarantees! You guys act like he's a Cy Young pitcher already... I am excited as well and I doubt he could be any worse than what we have(had). Guess time will tell!

Hmmm I have not found anything about Garza being called up, as of 2pm Smith still on active roster.. Will have to watch the game tonight for more information..

yeah I can't find anything, where did this rumor come from?

WOnder if its just wishful thinking right now.

Quote:

Matt Garza was called up after they sent Smith back to AAA. Garza will be pitching friday against Toronto. Now we will be able to see what he is capabale of doing in the Big league.

Outdoors guy, Was this speculation?

Listening to KFAN right now and they are all speculation on who starts on Friday. I would think if it was announced KFAn would have heard about it and then they wouldn't be ttrying to figure out who starts.

Its got to be speculation.

Well i reread the article and i guess it says all signs of another roster move. Hopefully they make that move. My fault for stating the wrong facts.

I was going to say I read the link and it made no mention of him being called up.

The article said that " all signs point to another roster change" does not say that Garza has been called up. You can all sit back down guys.. besides why would you call up a player on Monday for a Friday game?

Looked like you were reading way, way, way between the lines.

According to KFAN Garza pitches again on Wednesday, if he makes that start you can scratch him for starting on Friday for the Twins. If he skips Wednesday I am sure he is heading to meat the team in Toronto.

It looks like Garza is scheduled to start on Wednesday for Rochester. If we are gonna call him up to start on Friday, he won't pitch Wednesday. They will make a decision by then and if we don't see him pitch Wednesday, then it's a pretty sure bet he'll be up with the big club.

Mike Smith is not an option IMO.

P.S. The Nationals just moved Livan Hernandez to the Diamondbacks for 2 pitching prospects.

Quote:

According to KFAN Garza pitches again on Wednesday, if he makes that start you can scratch him for starting on Friday for the Twins. If he skips Wednesday I am sure he is heading to meat the team in Toronto

BINGO!! We'll know by Wednesday.

My speculation is they will give Smith one more chance to start and then if he stinks again-- they will pull the switch. They really want Garza to have a little seasoning in AAA first I think. The twins have been giving the young pitchers a few starts each in the past to see what they are made of-- can't go by only one start. Bonser and Baker both had several chances before the recent ones. We will see........ smile.gif

Very interesting situation. We really can't afford to lose that many more games and stay in the WC hunt, especially with doubts now about Liriano and his MRI coming up. On the other side, we need to not push a possible "Liriano" into action to fast and risk to injury or lack of confidnece.

In my OP--- we can't beat around the bush-- bring Garza up and give him a chance- just like giving the reins to a rookie QB--- let'em learn the best way-- playing agst the best in the world.

The Twins announced today that prominent minor league pitching prospect Matt Garza has been promoted to the major leagues and will join the team in Detroit on Tuesday night.

mnwild where'd you see that? It's not on the Twins site or MLB or ESPN?

Yep, just seen it too.

They really had no other choice in my opinion. He's gonna get thrown into the fire whether he likes it or not.

Hope he's up to it!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Mike Herman

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 (612) 366-0428

TWINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

Minneapolis, MN– The Minnesota Twins today that they have selected the contract of righthanded pitcher Matt Garza from Rochester (AAA, International League). In five starts for the Red Wings, Garza was 3-1, 1.85 (34.0 ip, 7 er), allowing 20 hits with seven walks and 33 strikeouts. Garza began the season at Ft. Myers (A, Florida State League), going 5-1, 1.42 (44.1 ip, 7 er), allowing 27 hits with 11 walks and 53 strikeouts in eight starts for the Miracle. He was promoted to New Britain (AA, Eastern League) on May 15 and went 6-2, 2.51 (57.1 ip, 16 er), allowing 40 hits

with 14 walks and 68 strikeouts in 10 starts for the Rock Cats, before being promoted to Rochester on July 14.

The 6-foot-4, 185-pounder was the Twins 1st round (25th overall) pick in the June, 2005 free agent draft out of Fresno State University. He has a career minor league record of 18-8, 2.73 (211.1 ip, 64 er), allowing 154 hits with 54 walks and 243 strikeouts in 37 starts. He will join the team tonight in Detroit and will wear uniform number 21. To make room for Garza on the 25-man roster, the Twins have optioned righthanded pitcher Mike Smith to Rochester. Smith was 0-0, 12.00 (3.0 ip, 4 er) with three walks and one strikeout in one start for the Twins.

www.twinsbaseball.com

To be removed from future mailings, please send an email to [email protected] with a subject of "Remove". No text or content needs to be included in the removal request.

- - www.twinsbaseball.com - -

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

As I mentioned in an earlier post a while back, I don't see this much different than the McCarthy situation with the White Sox last year. You never know Garza could be what this team needs right now to make the wild card.

It is Garza time -- I can't wait.

Prediction. --

6 IP 2 ER 2 BB 7K

And a Twins WIN!!!!