• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading up to Spider next week, I'm hoping to get after bass, pike and maybe a muskie. I'll have my buddy with me two teenagers (they get the little boat). I've fished the lake 1 time before with mixed success but if anybody has some ideas for me I'd be quite grateful.

Cant help alot but i have been there a few times when i used to live about ten miles away. Smallies and pike are usually biting along the northeast shore down from the public access.(Head to the left as you come off the access). Lots of rock and some cabbage areas for a bonus pike or musky. If you follow that shore eventually you will come to a necked down area of the lake and that has reeds and pads and cabbage which is usually good for a mix of species. Cast spinnerbaits and fat raps or DT's and you will get action. I have never had to go any farther south than where the lake necks down and then opens up to the other arms.Cant speak to the rest of the lake but that has worked great for me in the past.

Thanks Muskydanno. I've been playing out different spots in my mind for a long time now and I'm pretty stoked to actually see cabbage weeds as opposed to pondweed! If anybody else has ideas or has been there recently let me know. I'll post results.