• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be heading to Grand Portage for the weekend for Rendezvous Days and I was wondering if there are any shore fishing options for that area with spinning gear. I've heard the Pigeon river can be good. What a bout any thing that runs into the lake?

Leechbait, I can help you out on this one. First of all the Pigeon River can be good for Walleye during August. Try fishing off shore in the landing area with a leech and slip bobber set down about 4'. Cast out as far as possible to the middle of the current and let it drift down.

The other thing to try would be hiking into Taylor lake (off the Trout Lake Road) and casting from shore with small spoons for trout. You will have to go in the early morning or evening to have the best chance there.

You will have to check about fishing permits for non-band members. There may be reciprocity with band-members from other MN Chippewa tribes.

Thank you sir, I will check on that as I am a member of the White Earth Band.