• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing partner Quotes......

Its not really a quote but here goes told my buddy Gary that if he would throw his new bic lighter in the ice hole it would float so he did and it sank out of sight and he looked at me bewildered and I said guess it needs to be empty first .he chased me out of the fish house..

Same friend had to much to drink and wanted to go out fishing in 3-4 rollers on mille lacs after about 45min of that he turned green puked in the minnow bucket looks over at me and yells GET ME OFF THIS @#$%#$# LAKE (pukes again)NOW!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Bass

• percherman

• cold one sd

• Eric Wettschreck

The movie "Jaws" epitaphs are situational.

Your buddy has a big fish on! Your response....

"Give him room Brodie!"

Your buddy has a a big fish close to the hole. Your response...

"Put your gloves on Chief"

The big fish is into your backing on your reel... Your response

"Not with 3 barrels he can't, not with three!"

For as long as I can remember when ever I am top water fishing and I see the bulge in the water heading for my lure I start humming the theme from Jaws out loud. It is a lot easier that trying to say here comes one or look at this. I just hum the theme the bigger the bulge the louder the humm. Friends I fish with know what to expect and then look for my lure. Some of them have even picked up the habit! Not a quote but I think it fits.

When we're out and the water gets rough my good buddy Jim starts humming the tune from Gordon Lightfoots song "Wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald". When the waves top 3 footers he starts singing the lyrics (knows em all)and sings like a pirate would...Arrrrghhhh the captain wired in he had water comin in and the good ship and crew was in peril aaaaarrrrrrgghhhhha and saying stuff like Would your GPS have coordinates for Whitefish Bay laddy?? or Where is our last string of crab pots or does the coast guard have a station nearby? do they maintain thier helicopters? Will they save a drunken Russian who sings badly? How many watertight bulkheads do they put in Lunds these days? I never got to say goodbye to my wife and kids...Oh wait...I dont have a wife and kids...and on and on.

Pretty funny stuff...Jimmy's a stich and he can get ya laughing so hard your sides will ache.

Stizo

When I was a kid and still to this day whenever I would boat a nice fish my Dad would say,

"There's one on a suicide mission"

also from "JAWS" The taxedermist hes gona have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him.

"You are the trailer trash of all icefishermen. I have never seen anyone catch a redhorse through the ice. Until now."

From a infrequent fisherman on one opening weekend.

"I betcha I could cast over them mountains"

A twist on a Napoleon Dynamite quote.

He then proceded to cast all of 6 feet from the boat, then went back to drinking his beer.

My brother in laws stanard line, "get that stinky slimey thing out of my boat". How many of you have heard that when you hook into a northern?

Another one that I laugh about is when my buddy catches a small fish I tell him "That one still has milk on his lips yet". grin.gifgrin.gif

One day my buddy and I go ice fishing to a fairly crowded lake and find a nice spot by ourselves and get set up. No sooner do we sit down on our buckets than two guys cruise up and pull out their gas auger and start drilling holes about fifteen feet away. My buddy is watching them the whole time and when they finally shut the thing off he slowly turns around to me with this disgusted look on his face and says, "I think I'm going to go over and look that guy straight in the eye and pick my nose and eat it in front of him. Maybe he'll go away". I about fell off my bucket.

This one a hunting story. Years back on our first bear hunting trip we had a guy along who it turned out was terrified of bears and being in an area that had bears in it. He was the best armed among us having a rifle plus a .357 mag on his belt plus a 10" inch knife on the other side. He thought we should whistle every once in a while to make sure we were all OK. After the first day he didn't care for being in the dense woods, so on the way out the next day he says, "I think we should all hunt in the clearing just off the road. Bears like clearings you know". We just about went off the road, the rest of us were laughing so hard. So now it's bears like clearings, and fish like the calm water (where it's more comfortable) every time we go out.

When someone in our group catches a small walleye the poke is either a) "thats a cute one" or B) "geesh, it still has the egg sack attached". Also, I fish with the original Walleye King and every year when he gets his first eye, he starts singing " the King is back and your gonna be sorry" (to the tune 'My Boyfriends Back and Your Gonna Be Sorry - hey la, he la, my boyfriends back')--guess you have to be there!! cool.gif

My buddies hear this one from me. "You aren't putting that freakin slime bag in my livewell. If ya hafta keep it, here's a stringer.". wink.gif

Not fishing but in the spirit:

3 deer seasons ago I had a doe come through and as she passed behind some brush I readied my gun. When she emerged from the other side I squeezed the trigger and down she went.

After a very short recovery it was revieled that the doe had a fawn with her and happened to step out first, thinking it was the same deer through the scope and at dusk I had tapped it.

My brother, who I was sure would have something to say and in true form did not let me down stated,

"Did you have to wipe the milk of it's chin?" blush.gif

Two guys from Minnesota are sittin' in a boat on Milacs Lake fishing and

drinkin' down beer when all of a sudden Mike says, "I think I'm going

to divorce my wife - she hasn't spoken to me in over six months."

Harry sips his beer and says, "You better think it over - women like

that are hard to find..................

Having a beer with a buddy one Saturday at the local pub and he was pretty hammered. I said "You seem to have a pretty good nose on whenever I see Ya." He said "I noticed that whenever I get drunk, my wife doesn't speak to me for about three days." I asked "That's good?". He said "Yup, I haven't had to talk to the old bat for about three years now.". Each to his own I guess. grin.gifwink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

True story. My fishing partner and I after a long day of fishing and a few beers go to the bar. Well it's getting pretty close to closing time and my buddy is pretty hammered and he turns to the gal who is sitting next to him and says "Am I as good looking as I am drunk?" I bout fell off my stool. She was good humored and laughed at him.

My one buddy after setting the hook on weeds all day "oh yeah, fish on" and even reeling until he sees its just weeds cause he can't feel the difference between a weed and a fish. He hammers the hook home and we look at him and he just says, "I am not saying a thing" he takes about three more cranks on his reel and then excitedly claims "OHHH YES I AM" when he finally gets the clump of weeds in the boat I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes.

Same guy: hooks into a decent fish and starts talking about it probably being a state record Bass. When he finaly gets it in the boat. "ohhh, its just a F*%#!ng Northern". It was about a 4 pound pike. I still use that line.

One that i heard from a buddy of mine, and still use til this day when leaving a spot after not catching anything.

"This spot is so f@%$@ing secret the fish don't even know about it.

Fishing with a long time friend a few years ago, and he is kicking my butt on walleyes from the bow while jigging. He was getting cocky as usual and tossing the fish back on the floor towards the livewell near me and asking me to "deal with it". Well, a nice 20"'er comes back with a thud on the floor so as he smirks and says "deal with it", I say "ok" with a smile and toss it back in over the side. He dealt with his own after that.

Love to hunt

I'm giggling my butt off right now reading your post. One of my hunting buddies did the same thing. No quote though!!!! Better, I took pictures. I had my Golden Retreiver lay next to his deer and took the shot. His 40th birthday gift was a 10" X 14" picture of his trophy and my dog. Talk about the laughter!!! He got me back though the following year he shot a 12 point 235 lb buck biggest so far at camp. Had to put his picture right next to his mount.

A few hunting quotes that stick out from over the years:

1) My Uncle Don telling us where the buck went that he shot at and missed - "Dat buck dun ternt strait nort an crost da ditch bank"

2) My son emptied his gun on an 8pt buck, and missed him clean. He came back to the shack, got more ammo, and went back to his stand. Before he ever climbed up, a fawn came tromping down the trail and he dropped it - one shot. We affectionately named her Cindy (think Brady Bunch). He told me later that night "I was so pi$$ed about that buck, Dad...I had to kill SOMETHING!"

3) After training/testing dogs this spring in SD, we went into the lodge for a couple beers. One guy noticed a woodtick on another guy's neck. His reply made beer come out my nose - "Ahh, nothin' to worry about - I'll get him later. They're slow eaters." grin.gif

When my daughter was 17 her boyfriend and I went phesant hunting.

I dropped a phesant about 30 yards out.

The young man looks at me and says,"Wow, nice shot." My reply,"Thanks. They're a lot smaller and move a lot faster than you do so if I can hit that bird you shouldn't be a problem at all."

Take em yote hunting too. That works great.

The look on the young mans face is priceless when a yote, 250 yards out, drops over dead, and I look at the young man and wink. wink.gif

HA HA HA I will be right there.... smile.gifcrazy.gifshocked.gif

come on now, I know I do not look the brightest, but, give me some credit grin.gifgrin.gifcrazy.gif

Have a great weekend! cool.gif