• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SledNeck

......and Garza isnt ready yet?

floating minnow

Napa,

Please read Willys post where he states I took the words out of Terry Ryans mouth. Is that me trying to start an argument?

nofishfisherman

Floating Minnow, do you think it is possible they you guys are talking about 2 different quotes made by the same person? I am fairly certain I have heard the same the Willy did about Garza having 4 pitches that are major league quality but he relies on the fast ball to much.

I did some looking, this is one quote from a coach in AAA about Garza

Quote:

"This guy can control the strike zone. He can throw a breaking ball when he's behind in a count. He mixes in his changeups, slider, but when his game is on the line -- when it was his win or loss on the line with runners on out there -- he's able to spot that fastball at 97 miles an hour and put it where he wants it."

So people think he has 4 pitches that he can use effectively. He just doesn't mix them up which is what we have all been hearing.

[

Willy

I think you mis-understood me. I was saying that the words out of TR's mouth were that he had 4 pitches. Not saying you said that. Terry said that himself during an interview the other day.

As far as playing baseball, I have played my share and know how it works. That's the reason he isn't up here, because he isn't using those pitches and the Twins would like to see him mix and match a little more even if it means him giving up some hits, runs, or losing a game.

floating minnow

Willy,

If I misunderstood you then I have to say I'm sorry.

I still think we will not know if he has any effective pitches until he gets up with the Twins and TR never rushes pitchers in fear of them losing their confidence if things do not go well.Kyle Loshe has some good pitches but he now pitches in fear of what might happen.

Willy

No big deal.

I agree that until he uses those pitches in the major leagues, then all it is would be a scout's guess.

We will know for sure when he gets up here. Maybe they shouldn't rush him, but I think if they want to stay in this race then they have no other choice.

buzzsaw

I'm off for a day and you guys go nuts on the Twins.. tongue.gif I've heard the guys on the radio quote people from the Twins as saying "Garza HAS four effective pitches" he just doesn't use them all enough, mainly fastballs and that will get him killed up here. There is no doubt in my mind that Garza will be called up soon enough.

Dahitman44

Garza is in love with his fastball and uses it to get people out in AAA. He shakes off the catcher a lot and that upsets the brass.

He need to pitch like he is in the show -- that's what they want from him.

buzzsaw

The catcher in AAA needs to pull a scene from the movie Major League and tell the batter whats coming and TATER BALL!! Remember that, I think they called him wild thing or maybe it was Bull Durham... I'm forgetful. tongue.gif

nofishfisherman

It was Bull Durham.

Dahitman44

I am with you, Buzz. That would be the way to wake him up.

SledNeck

The post was meant to be about us brining guys like baker and bonser up to pitch, yet saying Garza isnt ready....when we all know full well that Garza could destroy both of these scrubs put together.

And was I the only one that read the nice little write-up about Garza in this weeks (joe mauer cover boy) Sports Illustrated?

Dahitman44

He is in Joe Mauer Illustrated. Now I have another reason to pick it up.

buzzsaw

He pitched 7 innings in AAA ball tonight giving up:

4 hits

1 walk

0 runs

11 strikeouts

He tossed 100 pitches.... he's coming up!!!

Took this picture today.

hummerlily2ju7.jpg

one more....

hummerdarkbkgnd2sl3.jpg

Mudcutter

I really don't know that much about Garza--- but if his line is what Buzz said it is--- I'd give him another few starts at AAA, and if the Twins are in a pinch for a 4th or 5th starter and still in the hunt or ahead in the WC,, bring him up. Other wise-- the Twins will be OK with the current 4 man rotation. Those days off are real nice and prevent us from using a 5th starter.

Muddy