• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail cam pics 2006

Mark Christianson

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Christianson

• Woodsy

• Gissert

• BLACKJACK

A few more pics.

Anyway, without further ado. First is of yearling doe and yearling buck scratching himself in the background.

doebuck.jpg

Second is of another yearling buck. Pretty sure he's different one judging by the way the forks split. I've seen the two of them together so I know there's two.

bucktwo.jpg

Third is of the first nice buck to show up this year. Being as this is my second year bowhunting and hunting period, I would be extremely happy if he walked out into my shooting lane.

nicebuck.jpg

On a sidenote, I bit the bullet and ordered some rechargeable batteries and a charger today. I got the energizer rechargable brand and a universal charger. For a grand total of $44 (including one set of 4 batteries and the charger - and shipping), it should pay for itself after the first 8 cycles or so. With my particular camera - Wildview 2.0 - I was eating through quality name brand batteries in about 1 1/2 to two weeks and cheapos in about 5 days. That battery life was based on an average of 150 - 250 pictures every couple of weeks.

chucker34,

I have the exact same camera as you and I have been using the energizer rechargeable batteries and charger and let me tell you that its a good way to go. I have two sets of batteries...so when I go to check the camera I put in fresh batteries...so it remains going 24/7. I've found the batteries have been lasting around 2 weeks...set at high def, one pic every 5mn. I just recently set it to time out to 10mn...so maybe I'll get a little more time out of the batteries now. I get about 80 some pictures every couple weeks.

B.T.W....nice pictures you've been posting...keep them coming.

Hey,

Here are some of the first pics from my Wildview 2.0 trail camera. I can't tell if this is the same buck or not??

SUNP0005.jpgSUNP0006.jpgSUNP0007.jpg

Several from my boss.

06172006165mediumez4.jpg

07012006006mediumdz2.jpg

07012006010mediumum3.jpg

07012006044mediumol7.jpg

07012006139mediumme2.jpg

07012006142mediumzn3.jpg

07012006181mediumhz9.jpg

Wow!!!! Them are some really awesome pictures! Way to go BLB's boss!

Just thought I'd show a pic of a new guy that showed up. I'm no expert on judging age of deer yet but I'm thinking he's a yearling. I'm counting six points for sure and maybe two more at the base of his horns. Hard to tell. Your thoughts on how old he is?

deerspring574.jpg

pic0010nm4.jpg

pic0011sm6.jpg

Just checked the 1.3 mp stealth cam last week, and here are a couple of the pics.

That's gotta be one of the coolest pics i've ever seen with the Buck and Fawn(very rare). Awsome pic man

Here is an image that I cropped out of a photo. There was a smaller six in the center of the shot, but this guy was in the background, slightly out of focus. No matter, this guy is one VERY nice deer!

bigguycrop071906.jpg

That one will get a guy excited a couple months before the season opens cool.gif

This will be a nice 8 pointer with a sticker off the left base. Even with the short brow tines he has got some inches.

7-20-06.jpg

A non typical that will look good come hunting season for sure!

Lots of good pics this time around, but this is my significant new guy on the block!

buck1mediumee0.jpg

buck2mediumrm5.jpg

I don't have one that big but here are a couple I got off my camera this weekend.

Cdy_0165.jpg

Cdy_0166.jpg

Forgot to post this one. I dont think this is the same buck as the one posted above... Maybe? Maybe not?

dsc0005mediumns4.jpg

Looks like you should be in for an interesting season BLB!

Woodsy - Looks like you got a hound hunters paradise come coon season this fall!

So then my theory that using coon scent for cover scent making a lot of "sense" is way off...

I don't use cover scent most of the time, but that is what I use if I decide too.

Nice Pics guys! Gissert is going to show me where to go after that nice one!!!

I need to get my pics off of my new Cuddeback and post a few out here.

Send me your email Archerystud, and I will send you an aerial with an x on it where that guy lives... shocked.gif

biglakeba$$,

Is it anywhere near South Turtle Lake?? Chuck emailed me those pics a couple of weeks ago. He ended the email with, "And No you can't hunt there". grin.gif

Looks like a good one!

Hopefully I find one like that in Southern MN where I hunt. My camera is sitting over a mineral lick but it's 1.5 hours away. I need to head down one night after work to check it out! Besides, I just got a letter from the taxidermist and my buck from last year is done. cool.gif

No I dont. Only around home in Big Lake and up near Battle Lake.

Why do you ask?

Archerystud -

Geeze, you outed my deer! It would be a shame if some raccoon got in your boat when you were not paying attention. grin.gif

I got some better photos of him. Looks to be a main frame 8, with one small kicker on the right beam.

I have another 10 pointer working with a couple of small stickers too.

One neat photo of a buck who looks annoyed with a couple fawns cramping his style, and a doe who still appears to be pregnant.

I'll try and post them tonite if I remember.

Big, Just because your pictures look really close to my hunting spot that's all.

Ok, den, I finally got around to this.

First one is the nice one I have had my eye on. Looking at some old photos, he was around some last summer.

abiggylick072706.jpg

The next one is of a ten pointer who has been making regular appearances.

a10pt072506.jpg

Here is one of a buck who is not too happy about these pesky kids.

abuckntwins073006.jpg

Now, a question - Is this doe pregnant? Photo is from July 27.

apreg072706.jpg