• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail cam pics 2006

Mark Christianson

No idea what options photobucket has.

I just resize them on my 'puter before uploading them to a photo hosting site.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Christianson

• Woodsy

• Gissert

• BLACKJACK

My boys (3 and 5) loved your pictures, in fact we looked at them more than once, keep them coming........

If you have good pictures, keep them coming, we all like to see them. This one is a little dark, its hard to see that second buck. As far as "are they brothers", could be but this time of year you get a lot of ' buck parties' with 3-4-5 bucks running together. Fun to see and lot of times you'll see a big one. grin.gif Of course, they always look bigger in velvet.

Nice, BUT!!!! wink.gif

800x600 images needed.

Dang, I hope to have a gaggle of cool stuff to post after this weekend.

Keep it coming guys!

PS - 800x600 images though... grin.gif

BLB, we'll be waiting!! tongue.gif I also hope to have some more by next week, the deer have been hitting my bait hard - its gone! smile.gif Also you should explain to people how to resize their photos, that might help. I downloaded something called Ifanview (just add a (Contact Us Please) to it), it does a nice job of resizing photos. But maybe theres an easier way. I might change the resolution on my cameras too. One outputs them at about 450kb and the other one outputs them at 1500kb!! Imageshack barfs on those big ones...

Woodsy, BLB isn't picking on you, but you notice how when the pictures get too big, then you have to scroll over to see the whole thing. frown.gif Plus it messes up the posts that you want to read.

If you use Windows XP, do a google search on "powertools resizer".

Very simple to use.

We saw triplets this weekend too. Two nights in a row, in the same exact spot. Hopefully all 3 are bucks. grin.gif

Good pics!!! If you look closely you can see that turkey has poults with her. And that buck had antlers wider than his ears, could be a good one!

Too bad he doesnt have any points!

Thats a cull buck in my book. grin.gif

Great pics BLB. That "cull" buck pic is almost a month old...should be a nicer rack by now!! Just make sure he stays away from Mr. Sniper. lol

Should be nicer by now, agreed. But it should have some G2 and even G3 development to match the growth of the main beams in this pic. Deer dont grow the main beams for starters and then add the points after that.

Hey, if he is the mystery 6 pt buck, I would be proud to harvest him, and put a momento on the wall. grin.gif

This one has nice potential.

After nothing but baskets on my camera last year, this is a nice upgrade.

BLB MDHA Clover mix and his mineral recipie are doing the trick!

six070706.jpg

I get half that rack if you shoot it. Dang nice!

Come on BLB don't you have anymore pics to share with us? I was hoping to see a few more. You're right about your cull buck, it's strange that he is growing antlers like that but he sure has a good spread going so far. If he was palmated he could pass for a moose. laugh.gif

What did you set your time delay for on your camera? I left mine at one minute intervals. I figured being digital I can just delete those that I don't need. Also does anyone know how long the flash will last with these cameras, will something need to be replaced after a set number of pictures?

Hey, I got over 200 pics, but I didnt figure everyone wanted to look at fawn pics and small buck pics from 20 different angles... wink.gif

All cameras are set for 1 minute delay. With memory cards there is little worry about filling them up.

As far as the flash, I have never heard of a flash actually failing.

I love the pics, I gotta get me a camera one of these days. Two things i noticed. The one sure showed a lot of bugs on the neck of that buck, wow. Do you notice how even big bucks appear to be pencil-necked and small this time of year? It would be really nice to see some time lapse (say 1 per month) of the same big buck over time. Compare July and Nov pics and I bet it is really interesting.

Here is a buck I was after last year, only to hear that a guy a 1/4 mile away shot and never found a non typical. In contacting him and getting a discription I was sure it was the deer I had been seeing. Well it may have been and maybe not but anyway he is still alive. (yep-pee)This photo was taken 6/23/06 and in the next post it was 7/11/06

6-23-06.jpg

7/11/06

7-11-06.jpg

Below is what he looked like last year and the last time I saw him in 2005

10-03-05-c.jpg

Wow thats an awesome buck gofish. His right side sure is strange but dang what a beauty. Good luck this hunting season. You using a bow or rifle?

That is really interesting. Anyone got anymore like that?

By the way, I hope all the bucks horns don't melt this weekend.

I have some from previous years..... smirk.gif