• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Albert Pujols

stellarfisher

Not a doubt in my mind. He's on some sort of steroid that they either cannot detect or they just haven't tested him.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

He's hitting like it but I would doubt it. There's too many eyes on you now. He has to know that if he uses it and he hits a ton of HR's then he is going to get caught.

I guess I haven't watched him over the years, has he bulked up alot in a short time like Barry Bonds did? He still doesn't seem nearly as big as Bonds and McGwire.

This is the problem with Bonds. He has tainted HR's now. If a guy has a good year and hits a bunch he is labeled a roid user. Every HR leader will be questioned every year from now on and its kind of sad.

then Griffey is on Steroids for hitting 4 hrs in the last 6 games or what.. since he came back

Pujols, He's awesome 'nuff said.

Looking at his stats he is ahead of his pace from years past but he is a 40-50 HR kind of guy every year. His first year was his only sub 40 HR run and he had 37.

He is getting into his prime now so we should expect to see his numbers go up. I doubt he will maintain the pace of the entire year.

This looks more like a great hitter just in the middle of a great streak.

All great comments, I definetly think that there are ways to go undetected from steroids. Look at Barry Bonds. Everyone knows he has used them but he has never tested (under MLB standards) positive. Also they do not test for things like human growth horomone, as it is not writtin in the agreement between the Players Association and MLB. If he is hitting these HR's legitimately you have to give the guy credit, but if he ever tests positive they need to erase and statistics this may have had, and any records and players has broken. These guys know what they are putting into their bodies so there should be no reason for false positives!!! I say no-tolerance.

If I were Pujols and I was not on steroids I would give a sample of my blood or urine of whatever they need to test to clear me 100%. IF he did that everyone would leave him alone. I think right now taking blood is not allowed by the players agreement so that limits what they can test for. There is one drug I know they can't test for.

Its to bad that a guy is guilty until proven innocent now it seems.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing Albert Pujols is guilty of is being one of the best ballers out there right now.

Your crazy! Why are you trying to bring down the best hitter in the game by claiming he is on steroids? Pujols was already big when he was a rookie and now with a coupole years under his belt he is developing into his prime

I guess form now on every good hitter is going to be accussed of using roids....give it up the guy can flat out hit the ball....... and has hit the ball every year he has been in the league!!!

I guess from now on every good hitter is going to be accussed of using roids....give it up the guy can flat out hit the ball....... and has hit the ball every year he has been in the league!!!

I think I was mis understood. When I say he's one of the best ballers out there I mean he's one of the best baseball players out there. The dude can flat out hit and his glove doesn't suck, either.

well we all know bud selig is going to be rooting for pujols, as well as myself.

Its a shame though, if pujols is legit, and I believe he is, down the stretch he probably isnt going to be seeing the pitches, and pitchers will start to pitch around him(walk him)

I would love more than anything to see Bonds HR record get broken, especially if the person that breaks it is clean.

this topic is kind of similar to the lance armstrong thing, alot of people think he cheated, but I dont think he did

Quote:

I would love more than anything to see Bonds HR record get broken, especially if the person that breaks it is clean.

Me thinks it would either be between A-Wad and Phat Albert

C'mon, nice subject... They have testing in place for this stuff now and I'm certain anybody putting up big numbers is getting their share of trips to the urinal. If your going to be negative on Pujols, why don't you mention Thome or some others that are putting up good numbers?

Out

Albert is not on roids. He would give a vial of blood tomorrow to have it checked for HGH too but the players union won't let him do it. It's a shame with the steroid cloud hanging over baseball. A couple of stand up guys need to show that the game is more important than the dam union. There needs to be a silver lining to all this and I would like to see the blood tests. We as fans need to know that our heroes and I consider #5 my hero is clean. I saw the OTL the other night and what McGuire, Sosa, Palmiero, and Canseco did and lied to congress., automatically bring into question performance of the players today.

Albert's been pretty consistent throughout his career plus the ball is harder now and fences have been brought in at most ball parks.

And he's just that darn good!!!!!!!!!!

I went 4 for 6 in my softball league last night - I must be on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pujols is a bonafide STUD - hope he shatters Bonds records.

FI

Quote:

I went 4 for 6 in my softball league last night - I must be on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you hit 2 or 3 homeruns then you might be on steroids..

he said softball....all you need in todays softball game is the right bat and it will do the rest just have to connect and they go along way and very fast....especially if it is a Miken.....

Quote:

went 4 for 6 in my softball league last night - I must be on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GAHD, LMAO!! Funny!!

Quote:

he said softball....

I said nothing about baseball.. and not everyone hits a homerun in softball.

I hope you do use steroids in softball. Ive never heard of them bein illegal for beer leagues! lol