• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open seats/fishing partners. By popular demand.

this section is great, but mostly its people in the metro area.. not that thats a bad thing but not many people offer open seats out here in western Mn. i would but I'm one who is boatless.. lol

*** Do you have an open seat this weekend or next week? ***

35 year old with no boat (yet), looking to accompany someone on their boat. I can hold my own on Bass and Pike (I would even like to learn how to catch walleye). I have gas covered.

Please contact me using:

MASoct3 (@) gmail. com

40hp_grey_zpsf64b3056.jpg

Open seat tomorrow (Saturday 7/20/2013) Mississippi River Pool 1 and 2. Launch at Hidden Falls about 7:30 and fish until we are done (no later than about 5).

If interested e-mail [email protected]

Open seat Friday (7/26/2013) Mississippi River Pool 1 and 2. Launch at Hidden Falls about 7:30 and fish until we are done (no later than about 5).

If interested e-mail [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Open Seat Saturday August 9th, Eagle Lake Maple Grove.

I will be on the water between 4:30 and 5am. Fish until???????

PM or email rnichols at midco dot net.

******Seat Taken*******

One more time

Open Seat tomorrow for Pool 2 for Smallies and Pike. Possibly lower end of Pool 1 for Smallies.

Leave Hidden Falls launch about 8:00 (earliest I can get the boat out of storage) and back whenever.

e-mail to jcater02 (at) gmail(dot)com

• 3 weeks later...

One more time

Open Seat Monday for Pool 2 for Smallies and Pike. Possibly lower end of Pool 1 for Smallies.

Leave Hidden Falls launch about 7:45 to 8:00 (the earliest I can get the boat out of storage) and back whenever. (no later than about 5)

e-mail to jcater02 (at) gmail(dot)com

• 2 months later...

Saturday looks like a great day to go walleye fishing. Have new boat with open seat if you are interested. Thinking Minnetonka and I'm open to time.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone ever use this for ice fishing?

Would be fun to get together with a member or two and Im always looking to learn something new becuase after starting to ice fish a few years back I still have no idea what I am doing lol

hey Calli. I am always looking for folks to fish with. RIght now trying to put together a trip to lake of the woods for Presidents day weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be up for a trip up to LOTW that weekend. I have that week off and have been trying to put a group together for that weekend without much luck. What kind of trip are you thinking?

Slabs

hey Calli. I am always looking for folks to fish with. RIght now trying to put together a trip to lake of the woods for Presidents day weekend.

Sorry I never got back to you, I didnt see this until today. I have my son the weekend you are talking about so I wouldnt be able to go anyway. I appericate the response and hope to have the chance to get out with you some other time. smile

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this thread is still active, but ill give it a shot. If anybody is going out in west metro for panfish, walleye, crappie, or bass (once open) and is looking to fill a seat let me know. I have all my equipment but no boat. Especially interested in the bass opener. Email at [email protected]

I'm looking for a new musky partner, male or female, who is as hooked as I am. I am hoping to find a compatible partner to share my rig in exchange for their expertise on local metro waters, or if you are a novice with the desire to hit it hard, we can share gas expenses.

I have a 2011 Alumacraft Classic 165 70 h.p. Yamaha along with all the nice rods/reels,lures and tools needed so if you love the sport but are without a rig, we may be able to help each other out.

I live in the S.W. metro and plan on local waters for opener and also the Metro tourney the following Saturday. Either Tonka, Indy, Waconia works for me but open to other suggestions.

Drop me a note if interested at [email protected]

full-5960-45773-musky.jpg

Open seat Saturday for Lake Owasso fishing for whatever will bite. Leave the launch on the north shore about 6:30 and fish until 3 or 4 (or earlier if the fishing is dead.)

e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

I would fish with you-knew a guy who wanted to catch one -last time we fished we hooked 2, every time we went out I put him on a fish (I can't get them to bite for you) I know a good lake and am more a multi -species guy, but I could help you, I have time in June. Hard core for me is at work-where do I work? At work.

Late notice buddy backed out for tomorrow, leaving saint Paul around 4am heading to mille lacs fishing for smallmouth. Depending on how the fishing is I might fish all day. If anyone wants to tag along email me meyer8043@yahoo. com

Open seat Monday (Memorial Day) for Bald Eagle Lake fishing for whatever will bite. Leave the launch about 6:30 to 6:45 and fish until 3 or 4 (or earlier if the fishing is dead.)

e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Late notice my BIL dropped out. Looking for someone for tomorrow Saturday May 31 for trolling on Mille Lacs or perhaps Pepin for Walleyes. If Mille Lacs intend to leave Metro early enough to be on water 6:00 AM. can ride with me or meet you there. I have excellent big water boat, trolling setup (kicker and ipilot) but not overly experienced at trolling game. Have enough equipment for both or bring your own. PM me and let me know??

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have an open seat this weekend. Probably for Saturday if the forecast doesn't change.

Don't have anywhere picked out since I've never fished down here before.

If interested email me at [email protected]

• 1 month later...

Open Seat Saturday 8/9 Mississippi River Lower Pool 1 and Upper Pool 2 (Lower St Anthony to just south of Downtown St Paul) leaving Hidden Falls about 6:30 to 7:00 and returning to same about 4:00(or earlier if the fishing is no good).

E mail to [email protected] if interested.

Should be a good multi species trip (Smallies, pike, walleye, channel cats and what ever else is hungry) Past experience indicates it will be a crankbait bite in particular Rapala DT-4 in the Baby Bass pattern.

Hey folks. Recently moved to the cities from Mankato and am looking for fishing junkies like myself to fish with. I don't have a boat but would be willing to pay for gas, beer, etc. I'm game to shore fish for catfish as well. I fish for anything that swims, but recently, muskie have sparked my interest. Shoot me a PM or email me at solocamzman at yahoo dot com

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for someone with some Pool 4 experience, but open to others as well, have been having good luck on Pepin this summer but looking to move up to the head of the lake or into the river. Have a very nice boat and and good equipment.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I was directed here by another member. I originally posted this in the general open water forum. I moved here about 2 weeks ago to start a new job and I am looking for some people to go fishing with. I have done a lot of fishing but almost exclusively fly-fishing the last 10 years or so. That being said I'd really love to learn more about fishing with hardware for walleye, pike, catfish, bass, panfish, etc. For the most part I have the necessary gear to pursue these species (no boat though) but not the knowledge. If anyone would like a fishing partner some time please feel free to let me know. I have a pretty flexible schedule so with a little notice I can go fish morning, evening, nights, weekends. BTW I'm in the New Brighton area for the time being and I'm more than willing to meet at area fishing locations and do my part to share gas, bait, drink expenses. Thanks!

I have the itch to get out but my new boat doesn't arrive till April 24. Live in Woodbury and flexible Fri, Sat or Sun. Willing to pay for share of gas and bait. I just want to get out fishing.....Anybody have an open seat??

• The topic was unpinned