• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Pherris

A Motor winterizing question?

Question

Pherris

I paid a dealer to have my boat "winterized". I put the boat in the water today for the first time and the motor did fire right up but there was no white smoke that I have always had the last two years first time out. My motor is a merc opti 225 2 stroke. I asked my brother what he thought and he said that they way that motors are winterized now they do not smoke the first time out. Has anyone else heard of a winterizing process and fogging that would not produce the familiar white smoke? If the motor was not winterized what harm would be done if any? Thanks

3 answers to this question

Valv

Optimax are not winerized like standard motors, it's a different procedure.

If your motor starts and runs fine with no problem, I don't see why worrying about.

The purpose of winterizing is to prepare motor for a long time of inactivity, so when in spring you use your motor again you won't have any problem.

If you don't have any issue with it, don't worry and enjoy it, I love these Optis.... laugh.gif

Pherris

Thanks Valv. Now I can worry about other stuff like finding fish tongue.gif

PerchJerker

I agree with Valv, winterizing process is different for Optis. I had my boat winterized, the Opti didn't smoke at all when I started it this spring, but the 4-stroke kicker blew smoke and ran rough for 30 seconds or so while it burned off the fogging oil.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ANYFISH2
      Good Morning everyone, The family and myself will be in Mankato July 27-29 for the MSF baseball tournament(U11).  It appears we may have down time Sat. Was wondering if  anyone could point me in the right direction to a shorefishing area I could take the family?   First time to Mankato, so no real idea where to look. Thank you.
    • DonkeyHodey
      I hadn't hit the river in >1 month, but last night went Fishing below the SCSU dam in St. Cloud last evening and the river conditions are really quite good for July.  Water height is at a good level and the past week of dryness has improved water clarity. (...that may change today with possible rain all day in forecast) Probably the hottest bite I've ever had in the river--Pretty much everything was biting on nightcrawlers!  (there were 10 different species pulled out in <2 hours!)  Fun Evening!
    • gimruis
      I assume you mean the 110 size one.  I have all three, the 90, 110, and 130 in different colors.  I have never had great luck using them however.  They are a well made lure and they have good plopping action, I just can't get very many bites on them.
    • gimruis
      It came down pretty quick the past couple days after they got like 8 inches of rain at the headwaters last week.
    • jigginjim
      Or catching Muskrats with Bullheads in the winter.
    • jigginjim
      I purchased The newer smaller size Whopper Plopper, what a kool surface plug.  I can give it to most any client fishing and they can catch great fish. I had  a family of four on a guide trip, (Dad, Mom,  son10 and daughter 6 yrs old.) What a blast, was going to be dad and the kids, I told mom to come with to enjoy time . We spent an hour plus catching many sunfish and rockbass, the kids having a great time cranking fish from 16 feet of water.  I said "Lets look for bigger fish."  A quick bit of instruction with mom on how to set the hook, She began catching Bass after Bass, (I had only used the lure myself once for 10 minutes and caught 3 bass.) The Mrs, caught her personal best bass, of 19 inches.  Going out to get several more, for as sure as Gods make apples and bees, I know this bait sooner or later going trigger either a large pike or musky if on the of those lakes.  They may cost a bit more, but I my conservative approach to buying lures.  Money well spent.  I got the loon.
    • Borch
      Someone willn have space.  I think I will have space Saturday. 
    • jigginjim
      Clearwater does not get the tubers, wake surfers or skiers traffic that Sylvia gets.  
    • monstermoose78
      I am in what time do need to show up ? But some would need to let a moose in a boat.
    • bucketmouth64
      Price reduced $4900, obo.