• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey Sioux Fans

Skitterpop

Did a few Sioux players leave their team today to bolt for the pros too? wink.gif At least the WCHA is still in it. I almost hate to say it but go BADgers. Ouch that hurt to type.

Your team dominated the game, obviously had more talent, had a couple of defensive breakdowns and sub-par goaltending. Now you know what it’s like to be a Gopher fan!

A choke is a choke and the Sioux choked!! I was in Orlando at the ESPN zone on the boardwalk and was lovin' every minute of it! Those poor people up in the Red River area probably deserved better, but it was not happening this year.

Why does North Dakota like Holy Cross so much?

Finally, a team that can beat the Gophers at "The Ralph"

grin.gifgrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Thats not right quackaddict - the gophs choked first , second and third.

oh ok confused.gif

So let me get this straight, it's more painful or worse to choke first as opposed to going farther and getting closer to the ultimate goal of a championship and then losing?? They both hurt, but if my team was one game away from a national championship showdown and lost, it would hurt pretty bad. shocked.gif

Buzzsaw-

I'm sorry but there is NO way you can call the Sioux loss to BC a bigger choke than the gopher's loss to Holy Cross. It's not even arguable. The Sioux were an underachieving team much of the season that turned it on at the end and ended up having a bad night at the worst time. The goophers were the bet team in the country for most of the season and lost to a nobody. A bad loss is one thing and will be forgotten but to choke as hard as the goophers did, that loss will be in the record books.

I said which was more painful. The Gophers definitely choked on the big one, a much bigger choke than the Sioux... but losing the game that would send your team to the national championship game had to hurt more as they were so close. With the Gophers playing the way they were at the end of the year, my hopes went down as did my expectations where as the Sioux were peaking and I'm certain expectations were high as could be. I hope you see my point, I wasn't under the false hope that Minnesota would win it based on how they were playing at the end of the year, that doesn't mean I wasn't disapointed, as I was very disapointed. But if my team was flying high and then my goalie gave up a bunch of goals against BC and we lost by one in the quarterfinal... I personally would have been more disapointed.

Quote:

But if my team was flying high and then my goalie gave up a bunch of goals against BC and we lost by one in the quarterfinal... I personally would have been more disapointed.

Hey Buzz

Just keep telling youself that and maybe you'll be able to convince yourself it's true. In 5 years hardly anybody will remember who lost in the semis in the frozen four, but people will comeback with smart comments about Holy Cross for a long, long time.

Also, if you were to insert SC for BC, it would be about the same situation wouldn't it. So technically you've got both.

It should be interesting to see who is actually on the rosters in the WCHA come next fall.

A guys team wins it's first national championship in 16 years and out of the closet he comes rearin'. shocked.gif

yes, the rosters seem to change quite a bit from year to year.

• 2 weeks later...

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier today announced that the team has signed North Dakota junior Drew Stafford to a three-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Stafford is currently on the United States roster and playing in the World Hockey Championships in Riga, Latvia.

"I'm looking forward to starting my professional career," Stafford told the Grand Forks Herald.

Stafford is the third member of the Fighting Sioux to give up eligibility, as Travis Zajac and Matt Smaby did so in April.

Stafford was the first pick of Buffalo, 13th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Another Minnesota boy goes pro! You have to love that. Unless you’re a No. Dak. fan I guess. grin.gif

North Dakota loses another 1. Spirko is gone it looks like, according to INCH. Ouch!! ND is losing an awful lot of talent.