• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OCF

Mr. Pike1

Thank God the open water is upon us. I have recently been diagnosed with a severe medical condition which unfortunatly has known cure. The ailment I suffer from is called OCF which stands for Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder. Being out on the hard water helped with the condition but the best way to deal with it is to be on the open water fishing for extended periods of time.

I have found that if I can get out one or two nights during the week for a couple of hours via shore or boat to wet a line and a good 10-12 hours on Saturday I am feeling okay and can manage. The more I can fish the better I feel and anything less then 8 hours a week and I am a total mess.

Are there any other OCFers out there? Its okay. The first step is acceptance....Anyone else?

I heard that the only cure for this is to go to Ely laugh.gif

I have OCF and have been diagnosed as uncurable, and that it is only going to get worse.

Guys,I found the cure,have your boat on the wtaer 3-5 times a week. smile.gifThis cures all my problems and the wife gets me out of her hair.Everybody is happy. smile.gifsmile.gif

Paul: When we are chasing the sturgeon in a few weeks,I'll let you in on how you cure this disorder.

My name is Mark...and I'm an OCF

the day I hit rock bottom (litteraly) was the day I found out my 10' extention ladder would not span the open water from the shore to the Ice. after some pretty serious withdrawls, I found my cure by tying a washer to my long rod and making cast after cast in the back yard.

I've been of ice fishing for almost 14days now...

Hello everyone. I'm Mike, and I've got OCF too. I've been trying to conceal it but it's gotten to the point where everyone suspects me now. I hook the boat up in the dark. Sometimes I leave my fishing rod in the car and sneak out on my lunch hour and fish from shore. Other times it's so bad that I just go out all day. I don't know what to do, because it's gotten to the point that the only way I can feel good about myself is when I do go fishing. Is there an OCF support group anywhere?