• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just curious what its at. I know the Drn says 37 but thats b.s. and old so any up dated temp?

That's right 37 was there today still cold same with the nife, sucker hope for warm rain. ooo.gif

everywhere on the shore today temps ranged from 36 to 37 degrees and i checked out most rivers all the way from the lester to silver creek. still too cold for active fish, although most rivers had a few of em in there.

I heard 37 too and that is up from 34 on sat so they are starting to warm a little bit. It doesn't look like rain is in the forecast anytime soon but the temps do look to be heading up so maybe they will start here sooner rather than later. I spent about an hour at the Lester and talked to some people but it looked like nothing at all was going on. The river is still pretty milky but is starting to clear. Also is probably a couple feet down from where it crested right after those big rains. I still think prolly one more week til we start seeing a fair number of active fish....but I guess only time will tell.

thanks for all the replys i think i am going to stay down south this weekend and come up next thurday. thanks again. if you guys want to keep this thing going that would be great just to keep us who are not in the area in the know.

There's still a lot of ice and snow laying around, so warm weather just creates cold runoff, and the rivers don't warm that much. I think it'll be a little while yet before it really gets hot. Having said that, I'll still be on the water pretty much everyday waiting... Can't catch 'em from home. grin.gif

Well, for the heck of it I measured the temp on the creek @ my house. (3-4 miles due north of Superior) and it was 32-33 deg. So, unless the ground warms a little I would assume temps will stay down.

B2

I fished the lester this after noon up from the bridge and hooked lots and saw other fish on the watter temp was 39 and the fish where bitters. should be good this next week. smirk.gif

Today it was 40 and fish I hooked at least 20 in the knife and landed 9 all steel head the fish where moveing cool.gif

Don't worry Dan, I haven't heard any other reports that good yet this year or had similar success yet on the north shore this spring. My favorite river was still 36-38 degrees today and the majority of the fish have not run yet and the ones in the river are still quite sluggish. I think a couple more days like today and we'll start seeing quite a few fish entering the rivers each night for a while.

I'll second that. Fish should start moving in decent numbers after some more warm weather, but there's still lots of ice around on the shores and the water temps won't get too high until that's gone. It doesn't look like the run will be nearing its peak for a little while yet. There should be some real decent fishing by the time you arrive.

i will be up there for thursday morning, probly at the lester, i am a tall guy with camo waders and if it is cold out a camo coat. if you see me stop and say hi.

Stop you're killing me. 4 days and a wake up!!! Just hope they can deal with me talking in my sleep about getting spooled by a 30lb steelhead haha!

Thanks for the reports guys! I am looking forward to this trip more then you know. Sounds sick too considering our salmon runs are just about to kick off here. Salt fishing is only going to get better and early june the kings start running in fresh water. There's salmon all the way till ice up! That's not including the hunting season thrown in for good measure. Afterall a fella can't live on fish alone. cool.gif

I was at the lester yesterday and there were some fish but it definetely was not fast and furious. I seen 4 fish and 3 of them were Steelies and one was a hen of about 8 pounds. I did hook one fish and it was definetely a nice one but it came unbuttoned after a couple minutes. Stopped at the sucker later and there was absolutlely nothing happening there while I was there.

Sure was nice to get out tho. I got a feeling it will be another good year, but it is still a week or so a way from good fishing. We need some warm rain to flush out that snow melt water.

I came up and fished Sat AM and Sun AM. I only took the water temp on Sunday early morning and it was 35 degrees. Three of us on Saturday morning hooked 12 fish, landed 4, most we actually caught were loopers with one being a clipped steelie, which we released. Went to the same spot Sunday morning and we hooked 5 and landed 3 loopers. Most people didn't catch anything, actually hardly saw any others even hooked. We just got lucky and hit a good spot, the fish were all hooked behind one rock, we just took turns making drifts through it.

Fishing should only get better this week.

I'll be early on Friday morning, can't wait. Good luck.