• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NFL Schedule Announced - Minnesota:

Rick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Minnesota Vikings Schedule

Sep 11 @Washington 7:00pm

Sep 17 Carolina 1:00pm

Sep 24 Chicago 1:00pm

Oct 1 @Buffalo 1:00pm

Oct 8 Detroit 1:00pm

Week 6 BYE

Oct 22 @Seattle 4:15pm

Oct 30 New England 8:30pm

Nov 5 @San Francisco 4:05pm

Nov 12 Green Bay 1:00pm

Nov 19 @Miami 1:00pm

Nov 26 Arizona 1:00pm

Dec 3 @Chicago 1:00pm

Dec 10 @Detroit 1:00pm

Dec 17 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm

Dec 21 @Green Bay 8:00pm

Dec 31 St. Louis 1:00pm

What is funny about the Vikings' 2006 schedule is that the most interesting game for me, offhand, is the first pre-season game, when the Vikings play Oakland at the Metrodome. This, of course, will be Randy Moss's first football appearance back in Minnesota, and will make an otherwise meaningless pre-season matchup a little more interesting.

And, there is also the regular-season game at Miami, at which point Culpepper may be starting for the Dolphins, plus the matchup with Arizona, which brings Denny Green back to town.

These three games add a little extra spice to the season (or pre-season), in addition to the usual contests with Green Bay and Chicago. (Detroit just doesn't make the grade as a rival of the same class as the Bears and Packers, IMO.)

That looks like a 0-16 schedule if ever I saw one. shocked.gif

I'm sure a local channel will pick it up. When games are on ESPN one of the local channels always plays it. Usually channel 5.

Doesn't 8 and 8 sound like a familiar tune, but we can always hope.Purple and gold to the death.

Also, you can't tell me that they didn't make the schedule to boost the ratings. Old teammates vs. new team. (Miami and Arizona, Seattle, Oakland preseason). Doesn't really seem like a schedule based on how a team did last season. More like grudge matches.

It's not like they are going to rip off the pads and have a knock down drag out! But that might be fun too!

Actually the whole schedule regarding who a team plays is predetermined, they only thing that was released yesterday is who plays on what date. All the teams in the NFC North are playing the AFC East and NFC West, so the Miami, Seattle, and Arizona game was set a couple years ago. The two other games Washington and Carolina come from the other 2 NFC divisions and are determined on place of finish. They both finished 2nd just like the Vikings.

Oh...today on the NFL network it kinda sounded like they just figured it out this spring. Maybe your right though. No matter though.

DTE is excactly (SP?) right, one with knowledge could tell the opponents for this year at the end of last year. The Only significance of the schedule is HOME vs. AWAY and what date.

Actually even the home and away is set in advance. The only thing that isn't set through 2009 are the 2 games against the NFC divisions we don't play. Those two games each year are determined by the previous years finish. Example for Green Bay next year plays the NFC North, NFC East and AFC West. THat gives you 6 home/away games with the division. Then we also play Oakland, Philly, San Diego, and Washington at home. Then we play Dallas, Denver, KC and NY Giants on the road. They other two games will come from NFC West and South determined by finish.

Minnesota will play the same teams as the rest of the NFC North with the only exception being the two yet to be determined games.

Like I said....it doesn't really matter. It's going to be a long season! Maybe the guy I saw was part of the crew figuring out the dates and home and away part of it. It will be interesting with Sunday night game this year. The 2 networks that hold all the Sunday games will get to protect a game each for a given Sunday, then NBC will get to chose the night game they get. They are trying to get more playoff type matchups for primetime, because the Sunday night games last year didn't matter much for the playoff picture. Nice for TV viewers but maybe not if your buying tickets in advance for the afternoon game, and it gets moved.

"One with knowledge" huh? Always nice to wake up, turn on the puter and read a jab!

Quote:

I predict 5-11. No way will they make the playoffs until they get a QB in here!

wait, wasn't Brad Johnson 6-2 or 7-2 last year when Culpeeper went down? He's still our starter you know... I just don't understand that negative logic... oh wait, yes I do... it's Minnesota bandwagon or a Packer fan.

Sorry I want to be wrong, but this is how I see it, 6-10, maybe 5-10 if the Lions get lucky once. There's just too much against us to have a winning record. New coach, a ton of new players, new O and D schemes. I hope I am wrong, but if not we get a nice draft pick next year! grin.gif

Minnesota Vikings Schedule

Sep 11 @Washington 7:00pm - Loss

Sep 17 Carolina 1:00pm -Loss

Sep 24 Chicago 1:00pm - Loss

Oct 1 @Buffalo 1:00pm - Win

Oct 8 Detroit 1:00pm - Win

Week 6 BYE -

Oct 22 @Seattle 4:15pm -Loss

Oct 30 New England 8:30pm - Loss

Nov 5 @San Francisco 4:05pm - Win

Nov 12 Green Bay 1:00pm - Win

Nov 19 @Miami 1:00pm - Loss

Nov 26 Arizona 1:00pm -Loss

Dec 3 @Chicago 1:00pm - Loss

Dec 10 @Detroit 1:00pm - Win/maybe

Dec 17 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm - Win

Dec 21 @Green Bay 8:00pm - Loss

Dec 31 St. Louis 1:00pm - Loss

Im not sure how the heck you can even go through the schedule and put a win/loss next too any game. Too much changes every year. Who would have thought the bears last year too do what they did. Who would have seen Philly in the basement. This team could be 12-4 or they could be 6-10. There is no way too tell until they kickoff a couple games. On paper it looks tough, but by 3 games in some of the tough games will look a little easier and some of the cakewalks you saw coming will look really tough. And we havent even had the June signing period. Who knows what kind of players that might bring in here. And with all the draft picks, who knows what Ziggy might do. They might pull off a trade for Schaub or someone else, or move up too get a marquis player. Just no way too try and guess what record this team will have right now in April.

Maybe in June I will change my tune, but for now that's how I see it! Oh yeah, it was fairly easy to put a win or a loss next to a game. It's called a gut feeling. I also listed the changes and how I felt it would affect the team. It's the Vikes we are talking about, not New England.

If the Vikes pull off a trade for Schaub, I may even ad some more losses! If he was so great he would have Vicks job, cuz Vick really isn't that good! Yeah he can run, but not much of a passer.

If you don't predict high, then they won't let ya down...again! My way anything over 6 wins is a bonus!

Hey it's my .02, you don't have to agree grin.gif

There is no way they are going too put Schaub in for Michael Vick no matter how good he is or what his potential is. Vick is the one of the NFL's marquis players for some reason and he isnt going too be taken out for that reason alone. Its a money thing thats the reason Vick is at QB at all. He isnt a very good QB and should be playing another position. If Schaub is the backup too any other QB in the game it would be another story too question his abilities. But no young QB is going too come in and take Vicks job because of the $$ he brings in. I cant count on both hands how many times i've heard on TV and radio that Michael Vick isnt the best QB on his team and seeing the couple games Schaub played i would totally agree. In his first start he threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's. Vick has never thrown 3 TD's in any game and Schaub does it in his first start throwing too the same supposedly dogged reciever core along with rushing for about 50 yards. If MN would pull off that trade they would solve the future QB of the franchise question in a hurry.

I was thinking the same way until i thought about game planning. if you game plan for vick and schaub comes in, the defense has the wrong game plan, thus schaub does well. i would like to see him play 6 or so games, when he is the undisputed starter AND the other team has gameplanned for him specifically,to see how he does. until then, he is an unproven commodity that has good potential.

He started the game against the patriots where he went off. They had the week too prepare for him. Im not saying hes stonecold proven, my point is that at least we have seen something of him, we've seen him take some NFL snaps and do very well when he did. I think his upside is very high. I would rather see a trade for him than too move up in this draft too get someone whos never taken a snap in the NFL, if that is indeed how the vikings plan too fill the future franchise QB role.

So how do you gameplan for a player you have never seen play (as NE had to do)? That is my point. It takes half a dozen games to figure it out. I am not against him, I just dont rely much on his 1 or 2 game performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Doesn't 8 and 8 sound like a familiar tune, but we can always hope.Purple and gold to the death.

Wow, I was thinking more along the line of 4-12 after we have given away our offensive talent over the last two years.

They were like 8-3 last year without that offensive talent. And they have upgraded many positions already for this season on offense.

• 2 months later...

Quote:

What is funny about the Vikings' 2006 schedule is that the most interesting game for me, offhand, is the first pre-season game, when the Vikings play Oakland at the Metrodome. This, of course, will be Randy Moss's first football appearance back in Minnesota, and will make an otherwise meaningless pre-season matchup a little more interesting.

And, there is also the regular-season game at Miami, at which point Culpepper may be starting for the Dolphins, plus the matchup with Arizona, which brings Denny Green back to town.

These three games add a little extra spice to the season (or pre-season), in addition to the usual contests with Green Bay and Chicago. (Detroit just doesn't make the grade as a rival of the same class as the Bears and Packers, IMO.)

Ummm... I dont think Randy Moss will get much playing time in that game... THus, the game is not really worth watching.. Who really gets playing time in a pre-season game? Besides the bench players.

wow, what a bunch of pessimists. That looks like a 12 and 4 schedule to me.

I agree!! People can say what they want about the vikings have a tough schedule...The fact of the matter is we haven't seen this re-tooled team work yet. Sure it's a few new guys coming in and it's just not the same team we have been used to in the past(Daunte to Moss.....TD) but the guys we have brought in are loaded with talent and I personally think they can get the job done. Im not sure about the rest of you but I BLEED purple and gold. And even if they lose 10 games they are still #1 to me. Bottom line is.....GO VIKINGS!

I don't think its pessimism, but reality. The thing is, with the exception of the Bears in the NFC North you have new head coaches, new systems, a ton of new players, etc. Right now its a crap shoot on how everything is going to play out. I think once camp starts and preseason comes around we'll hopefully get a better idea of what these squads are going to look like.