• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wanger29

Permanent Ice shacks

wanger29

Would anyone know of some good places to buy used permanents? Preferrably off of resorts.

KidWalleye

I am also intersted in the same thing.

Harmonica Bear

Pretty much every resort has some permanents for sale. You can make phone calls to do some initial inquiries, but the best scenario is to spend a day or a weekend up there. Start out with a basic idea of what you are looking for and a price range. Make some calls to get you started, but basically just stop at as many resorts as you can. Look on their bulletin boards, talk to the owners, the bartenders etc. Before you know it, you will be totally confused on what you want and your pocket book won't be deep enough! Then you have to go home reprioritize and go back up again. The great thing is, it is really a lot of fun looking at all the different styles, ideas, as well as the resorts and resort pricing etc. (there is a big $ difference between the south end and north end). Unless of course you are already Mille Lacs fish house savvy, and you know exactly what you want. Anyway, enjoy your search. I've done it a few times and probably will do it again this summer.

Good luck HB

minnesotatuff

great post HB!

its posts like yours that really make this site!

regards,

minnesotatuff

Ryan_V

That was a great post. I just got done doing that a few weeks ago. drove around basically the whole lake and stopped in at almost all the resorts I saw. Ask at the bar and check their boards. then drive through their storage areas and look for for sale signs in windows and on houses. that's how i found mine and think I got a pretty good deal on it!! now I have a nice 10 X 16 ice house, and have to wait until next winter to use it!! confused.gif now is a good time of year to look, they will be selling pretty reasonable!! good luck, post your results of if you need more help.

miskoj2

[Note from Admin] Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you

Ryan_V

Is that the one on the Wharf's website??