• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
lancer

Kab in June

lancer

I have been fishing the Kab\Nam area for several years now and I have always enjoyed camping on the many remote parts of the lake. This year I am going to come up some time in late June and I am thinking of staying at a resort with my boat. Any suggestions on a nice resort on the west end of Kab would be appreciated. Walleyes off the dock at nite would be a bonus.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.....Lets fish..... smile.gif

fishkab

Lancer, Go to the Kabetogama website, kabetogama.com and it will give you lots of choices.. Good luck Fishkab

lancer

Thanks Fishkab,

I am fired up for the open water season to start.

If anyone has any good resort info to share I would appreciate it. I am bringing up a 21' crestliner so dock space is also a concern.

Nothing better than fishing all day in the boat and then relaxing on the dock with a bobber and a beverage at nite.

Down Deep

I've stayed at Harmony, Moosehorn and Arrowhead. I liked Harmony and Moosehorn. Fishing of the dock is always fun and a good time to meet the other guests and compare notes on the days fishing. I've caught lots of walleyes dock fishing in the evening and using lighted bobbers after dark.

lancer

Thanks Down Deep,

I will look into those resorts, I am going to pull the boat out of storage this weekend and start getting it ready. Its almost go time! grin.gif

fisherwoman2

Northern Lights Resort & Outfitting is also on the west end of Kabetogama. They have a nice bay for protection from any wind and a floating dock system & also full electric hook ups & lights on the dock area. Very nice place to stay.

Uncle Boney

I was looking at Northern Lights. The web site indicates that it is a high end resort and higher prices (which is what we are looking for). Is it as nice as it looks? Any other Kab resorts that are high end?

JAK

Moosehorn has one of (if not the best) docks on the lake. Protected stalls, electric, and a nice sheltered bay.

Like all docks, fishing can be very good from it dependent on the time of year.

fisherwoman2

Northern Lights Resort also has a floating dock system. If you know the lake you know that the water level fluctuates pretty dramatically. You won't need a step ladder to get into your boat on these docks! They have a fully lit dock area with full electric hook ups right on the dock in a really protected bay. Really excellent accomodations too! laugh.gif

fisherwoman2

Yes the resort is as nice as it looks, we stayed there & the accomodations are really top notch. The website does not do it justice! grin.gif

AWarrior

Lancer--

I agree with fisherwoman--Northern Lights is an excellent resort--a bit on the high end, but you get what you pay for. The accomodations are second to none, and the staff is very helpful. I have tried other resorts in the area, but keep coming back "home" to Northern Lights. We have stayed at the resort for the last 12 years or so and recommend it highly!!!

lancer

Thank you for all the information everyone. Now I just have to iron out my work schedule and pick a date... smile.gif

HAULINBASS

I've stayed at Sandy Point. Great place to stay friendly people.Dock fishing a must.My son landed a 17" perch a year ago of the dock.I stay in my rv there.If you stay there tell Gordy Brian from Shakopee says hi. grin.gif