• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How are those lakes coming? Looks like you could get a boat backed into the south access on knife, just can't go anywhere from there laugh.gif Won't be too much longer, is a week asking too much?? How are the other lakes in the area? Come on sun/rain/wind, whatever works!!! grin.gif

From Rush Point Store:

4-4-06 Just watching the geese play in the open water! Ice continues to detriorate faster each day, can't wait to get the boat out! Not too much in the way of a fishing report..most people are content to count down the days to open water. One funny guy has been out playing in a flat bottomed boat...just having fun scooting the edges..Open water by Grass Island now....

Believe it or not, there was somebody out on East tonight!!! What a crazy person! He must be catchin something because he has been out there the last couple nights. I dont even know how he got out there, because from shore theres 9-12 ft of water, at least out from my house! The T channel is open, and i also think the other one is too. People were fishing in the T already, but no fish to be found.

Wow! Like you said ERR, he must be on a once-in-a-lifetime bite. Or, he wants one more bite in his lifetime. confused.gif

That is crazy... were they in a boat on the ice?

IF I had to guess, most of the ice will go off tonight if we get that 40 mph winds that chan 4 weather predicted...

Tonight! You think so. Dude, I'm floating the new boat on Sunday if things work out that way. I got to start the break in process on that dog.

I'm hoping in the next two days. I'd like to hit the park on West a week from tomorrow, take a Mental Health day.

Don't know were that dingbat got on, but I hope he at least was wearing an inflatable!

That guy apparently was a sight to see! He would push pole himself along the ice in a toboggan!

I might think about it in a kayak... tobogins still sink!!!! dude is nuts!

I pushed the season a little long a couple of years ago.. got on the ice no problem.. didn't get to within about 40 yards from shore on my way back in... went through 3 times before I finally made it to shore. That will never happen to me again. Not worth it to me!

More from Rush Point Store:

4-6-06 Lake looks like a giant rice krispie bar...a couple of guys have taken out a canoe and tried the back channels. Crappies are beginning to move up into them a bit during the day, but nothing to get too excited about. A drive around the area shows people fishing on the Goose Lake narrows, Fish Lake by Harris is opening, Center Lake has a northern bay open..Just a matter of days! If the rain hits tonite, maybe not even days!

I drove by Little Elk near Zimmerman this morning and the ice came off between last night and this morning

More from Rush Point Store:

4-7-06 ICE OFF! A few floating slabs, not much...start your engines!

I'm betting Forest Lake will be entirely open by the end of the weekend. About half of lake one was wide open with white caps today.

SoHaad,

In my estimation, the lake was over 3/4 open by town and will definatelay be open by the weekend. I had to go inspect the south shore area and found that one of the worst places that got hit by the floating icemass was within 1-200 yds of my parents shoreline, including a direct hit! OUCH! 6-7' of ice piled up on the shore. The lake will be open by the weekend for anyone that wants to get out and try out the new boat. !st lake ramp is open today but you would have to watch out for the floating ice pieces.

Tunrevir~

as of this evening.. Chisago was about 1/2 open.. Kroon was 100% open...South Center still had a pretty big hunk of ice on it.

Drove by Forest Lake this afternoon and it was Open with the exception of some small piling up on the west shore.

The local paper said the new ramp got heaved up - they gotta fix 'er...

Start 'em up !!! grin.gif

Quote:

Drove by Forest Lake this afternoon and it was Open with the exception of some small piling up on the west shore.

The local paper said the new ramp got heaved up - they gotta fix 'er...

Start 'em up !!!
grin.gif

took a drive around forest lake today,,,the ramp in town is piled up on shore,,, the willow point access is piled up as well ,,, pulled a truck and trailer out of there today,, the creek access on third lake looks good,, ice is laying on the south shore of all 3 lakes thanks to the wind today,,

Comfort lake is open and the landing looks good,, Clear lake is open,,