• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Glenn_S

Ice is busting up on 'Tonka!

Glenn_S

Channel 5 just showed 2 boats on Lake Minnetonka!

One was the sheriff, and both boats were in open water, and blasting the edge of the ice to bust it up further!

Woo-Hoo, open water this weekend!

Glenn

CALVINIST

Are they using dynamite?

markkstanley

Shssshh Cal. I've got another 24 sticks to go laugh.gif Actually I watched the main lake by me start to open up in the middle. Won't be long.

Glenn_S

I hope they are! wink.gif

CALVINIST

Is there any hope of fishing Tonka this weekend? Would launches at either North Arm, Maxwell, or Spring Park Bay be open? I know you can't launch at Gray's yet.

Kab Dreamin

Calvinist,

I was just by Maxwell and it is really opening up. I am certain the entire lake will be open with the temperatures and rain that is forecast for the next few days.

I used your "News Flash" on my 9th grade son. He didn't get it at first. So much for the level of math education in our schools. God help us all.

CALVINIST

Kab,

It's the dumbing down of kids in school and all that post-modern crap that's inculcated into our culture. "Hey, I believe 3+4=7, but if you think it equals 5, then it does for you. But for me it equals 7". confused.gif Don't despair though cool.gif. This has real application in the fishing realm...post-modern fishing goes something like this, "I caught a 12lb. walleye. I know you believe it's a 10lb. walleye because the scale read 10lbs. But for me it's a 12lb fish!"

markkstanley

If there is anyway possible to get out I'll be out on Tonka. The river is way too high to fish with more rain on the way mad.gif I wonder what Sarah is looking like? Or Indy?

CALVINIST

I guess it's too early to tell. We'll have a better idea by thursday-friday, eh? I'll keep my eye on the Wayzata-Gray's area...

Powerstroke

I forget who owns or who pays for the ice breakers, but every year there are a few ice breaker boats out on Tonka that just run back and forth across the water chewing up the ice a few feet at a time. I've seen them on Wayzata bay 3 times in the last 4 years.

Someone told me they are funded or run by the marinas. The sooner the ice disappears the sooner they can charge people to launch and moor their boats.

jerkin'm

And the chance of a huge berg taking their docks out is less as well...

Kab Dreamin

LOL!

Boy, you and I are on the same page about education (and the application in the fishing realm!).

I plan on fishing Minnetonka Saturday if the ice conditions permit. If you get out, I'll be in a blue and red Alumacraft Trophy 190 with a Merc on the back. Give me shout. I'd enjoy meeting you.

CALVINIST

Kab,

Where do you usually launch out of? If the lake is open, I'll probably launch out of Mound. Gray's might not be out of the question, if they ever open the gate. But driving by Gray's/Wayzata this AM, there was still alot of ice. Nothing warmth, wind, and rain can't take care of, so who knows!

Kab Dreamin

Typically we launch at Maxwell. The old crappie milkrun is pretty much centered around that area and then over towards Seaton and Black. Given the weather forecast for the next couple of days, I'm pretty sure we will be on the water this weekend.

CALVINIST

I fished Maxwell and North Arm last spring for crappies and had lousy luck. Of course, the weather was really lousy! One of these day we'll have to get out together.

Good luck.

Glenn_S

We'll be out there this weekend, as well. Maybe Sunday???

We typically go out of Maxwell. Watch for a white/red Stratos bass boat, pulled by a black Dakota and say Hi if you see us!

Glenn