• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opening Day!

CNY Tim

Yeah! My Cardinals open up on the road at Philly. Spring is here, looking forward to some good banter from the old windbag and expect it hot and heavy as usual since he his brandishing that shiny world series ring. laugh.gif Windy another year and most predict Palos and Cards and why not eh?

Quote:

looking forward to some good banter from the old windbag and expect it hot and heavy as usual since he his brandishing that shiny world series ring.

Good stuff, I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in yet, they are after all the ONLY undefeated team in baseball at this point. grin.gif

Hello der Buzzy and heelloooo Scotty Rolen! Nice grand salami and Pujols with two dingers himself now that's a way to start off the season boys with a 13-5 rout. Pujols second hr was an upper deck shnike. Eckstein made a sweet catch in foul territory. Bye bye Junior Spivey, hello Aaron Miles... Where are ya Windy?

Anybody catch Adam Dunn out in left, laugh.gifgrin.giflaugh.gifgrin.gif What a joke. grin.gif

Good for Geno's cubbies off to a good start. Only if there rotation could stay healthy for a complete season ooo.gif

Hey There Tim,

I didn't forget about you guys, just been a little busy around the ole casa with remodeling. Painting and crown molding. Anywho, nice opening day pounding for both our clubs, Thome is a monster! Even ole Geno had to have a "Cubby Chubby" going after opening day even though Zambraino got rocked. Same goes for Freddy Garcia and the Mighty YO-HAN, they all looked terrible and I blame it on that stupid World tournament. I think this will really hurt the pitchers more than the field players. It might take Garcia a month or more to get back to where he should be, he is off his velocity by 4-5 mph and his control was bad. I think the pitchers should have stayed in spring training and forgot about that stupid tournament.

Oh well, how bout a little prognosticating??? Feel free to reply, and away we go!

AL CENTRAL

1- Pale Hose

2- Injuns

3- Mo Town Kitties

4- Twinks

5- Royals

NL CENTRAL

1- Red Birds

2- Stros

3- Da Brew Crew

4- Cubbies

5- Reds

6- Bucs

Talk to you soon, my friend, and as usual...

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Windy

Now now Friendly,

The "Green-Eyed Monster of Jealousy is rearing it's ugly head already. Hey sit back and relax, you guys have YO-HAN on the mound for opening day against the lowly Blue Jays, everything should be fine in Twinkie Town...Oops...Sorry, he got rocked, NEVER MIND!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Windy

Easy now, your calling me jealous?

Yeah, that sounds about right. mad.gif

Im ready for a good long season. I was disapointed by the game tonight. Oh well we have 161 more to watch and cheer for.

I was right there with you Friendly, watching Freddie Garcia get rocked, I still say it was that stupid World tournament that screwed the pitchers up. Look at how YO-HAN, Garcia and Zambraino pitched.

Who knows whats up with those guys. Pitchers, kickers and goalies are the biggest headcases in their sports. If you say boo to them they freek.

I wish I could find the article now, but just recently I read an article about Johan and how the WBC supposedly made him feel ahead of where he was at this point in previous years. Guess that didn't quite go to plan yesterday.

As far as the AL and NL Central, I think its pretty easy to go with the popular White Sox and Cardinals vote. I'l like to throw out a couple dark horse candidates: the Tigers in the AL and my old home team the Brewers.

Honestly, though I can't see the Twins contending. I still don't see how they are going to score runs. It was a major problem last year and its hard for me too see any of their off season moves making a difference.

Hey DTE,

I think we both had the Kitties and Brew Crew up in the standings, I know I pegged both for third, I think. I think they will both suprise people like they have so far this year, but I do believe they will come back to earth soon and will settle into the middle of their respective divisions. My beloved turned the corner today, hopefully, though the Twinks are still getting shelled, YO-Han got beat again, must be driving the Twinkie lovers crazy up north. Talk to you later and as usual...YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YES! Windy