• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Phill Aldahl

What are some of your favorite spring panfish presentations?

harvey lee

I will usually start out with a stub grub or a rattail plain and start in the deeper water and work into the shallows until I find them.I rarely use any live bait on this set-up for crappies.I will start on a north shore or where there is some water running into the lake.Usually I will find the crappies in the deeper water by a breakline until the water temps warm up.Once im back into approx.12fow or less,then I still use the jig and stub-grub or rattail with a float and cast out and work it back to the boat.

For the sunnies,I will start the search in the shallower water with a small ice jig tipped with a waxie.Sometimes I will also tie on a small spinner with a crawler or a small leech and slow troll in search for some nicer sunnies.This usually works for me.This is what has worked for me in the last few years.The crappies I will almost always find deeper and suspended with the cooler water temps and like I stated earlier,I will follow them into the shallows as the water temps increase.I always use the above mentioned jigs only once in awhile I will change to a ratso or a shrimpo for the crappies.

Team Otter

For shallow water fish, I'm partial to small beetle spins or small jigs and plastic. For the deeper fish, I like flu-flu jigs tipped with minnows under a float.