• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
lunker651

Best Mechanical broadheads?

lunker651

If you have use mechanical broadheads, What is the best mechanical broadheads that you have use and did it perform as advertised?

Scoot

I've shot 100 grain Steelheads for quite a while and had no problem with them. They fly exactly like my field points.

koWALLEYEski

how much do those cost compared to a muzzy

Royce Aardahl

I've used Rocket Wolverines and Wasp Jakhammers and both put meat in the freezer and racks on the wall. grin.gif

Usually about 7 to 9 bucks each in packs of 3.

FL SNIPER

I'll second the Wasp Jackhammer's.

coyote223

there's no good mech. broadheads, and thats just my 2 cents!! Friends of mine swear by the Grime Reapers so I thought I would try them this year and I had a doe at 23yrds broadside feeding and the blades never even opened. We tracked her for along time and never came upon her.I know there will be people that will post "must have been a bad shot placement" well I was in a ground blind and the hunt is on film and the shot could not have been placed any better.The second deer has was at 8yrds and only got 3 inches of the arrow into him and it bounced out, (qurtering away from me) the only thing that we could tell on film was the arrow must have hit a rib and bounced out. So with that being said I'm back to my thunderheads for good!!Just my thoughts and experince with mech. heads--Good shootin' P.S. just so nobody thinks the equipment was lite I shoot a Matthews Outback set at 70pds

Royce Aardahl

so if the same thing happened with a muzzy or a thunderhead or a rocky mountain bouncing out is it the fault of the broadhead? the blades sometimes go back after penetration. can you be sure it didn't open? Lots of people use expandables with no problems. The biggest buck of my life I messed up with a muzzy. Not gonna blame it on the head. I shoot 55 pounds, plenty speed to open them up.

coyote223

What else could it have been? I've never had a thunderhead not blow through in 15yrs of bow hunting, so that(mech.) was the only thing I have to look at as being the cause.