• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MSchmillen

Barking

MSchmillen

My 7 month old lab has recently started barking and growling at anything he hears, people walking by out front, animals in the back yard, things like that. It is very often that this happens. I have never had this problem and was wondering if anyone has any suggetions.

LABS4ME

Teach him the command "quiet"... or, maybe buy a bark collar.

Good Luck!

Ken

jbdragon17

Bark collars are heaven sent... lol I would suggest one with re-chargeable batteries.

MSchmillen

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try! Where is the best place to get one? Any brands better than others?

2 DA GILLS

The one suggestion I have is that you buy a high quality unit. I went the cheap route and I do not trust the collar. It seems to be triggered by random events. The cheap versions will probably do more bad than good. The dog may just dump the collar against the kennel and it gets triggered. I do not use the collar because of the lack of trust that I have in the functionality. This unit is triggered by vibration only. I have heard there are units that work off vibration and sound. I would think those would be better units.

gspman

Tritronics used to make a "no bark" collar. I used one on my first dog and it worked well.

marine_man

I've got the Tritronics Bark Limiter and it has worked great.. it's got a bark odometer on it, so you know if you need to bump the correction level based on the number of corrections issued.

It's worked so great that as soon as the collar goes on the dog knows the jig is up and he's stops barking... wish I would've got the dummy collar!

marine_man