• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
KidWalleye

Guides?

KidWalleye

My brother-in-law and I just got back. Didn't get anything. Didn't expect much today though. We also came to the conclusion that we need a guide. Does anyone know of one we could hire for a half day? Mostly we need help on how to fish the river. (boat control tips, bait and tackle ideas and maybe a few sports to try). We fish lakes alot and consider ourselves pretty good fisherman. But the river is a whole different animal. Thanks for the help, Kid

markkstanley

Going to be tough to find an open day for a guide this time of year unless you can get out in mid week. Try Turk Gierke (Croixsippi) from this site. James Holst or Dustin Stewart are also top notch guides for Pool 4. I have fished with all of them and they not only know their stuff but are very willing to teach you.

fishingsfinest

just got back from fishing pool 4 with a guide on Monday and i went into the day wanting the same thing...to learn a little bit about the area and some different techniques and he and i had a great time

i bet we outfished everyone down there 3:1 and had quality fish in the boat as well.

the biggest was my personal best a very fat 24 inches that was at least 5 lbs.

very cool, and the guide was even nice enough to make a couple runs down river to show me some spots he fishes at different times of the year

i will post his name if possible, he gave me a card with his info, but i am not familiar with the rules on posting things like that.

a little clearity would be nice...if you want to contact me about it, please do, he was a great guide!

phil

lawman

For a guide that knows all species of river fishing I have used Loren Waalkens from Lake City. He does full and half days. I suggest a half day 'eyes and half bass. He's in the book. And no, I'm not a relative.

Paul Waldowski

PGA,

Posting his name is fine, and is encouraged, as we want to give our readers the best information possible. I would ask that you refrain from posting website or contact information. Thanks and good to see you a fun day on the water. It doesn't get any better at this time of the year. smile.gif

fishingsfinest

Paul, thanks for the clearity!

As for his name, Marty Hahn...it was a great day and would reccommend him to anyone

walleyehead

I would give Ike's tackle a call in Red Wing, They can help you navigate the river and tell you the latest info. They could probley even set you up with a guide if you still need one.

KidWalleye

Maybe I went to Ike's at a bad time but the kid that was working wasn't much help at all. This was last saturday afternoon. I don't think it was his fault but I kind of expected to get alittle info from somebody there. I've heard alot of good things about Ike's. I might try the other bait store next time.

ike's tackle

kid walleye and all my customers i appoligize for not working at the time you stopped we always try to give you a up to the minute fishing report i can recomend several good guides in the redwing area. if you are not complety satisfied with our service at ikes bait and tackle please dont shop else where give me a call i will make it rite with you.

ike 651-388-2111

KidWalleye

I didn't mean to bad mouth you at all. If I did I apologize. Like I said it wasn't the kids fault. It's my fault for not learning more about the river before I headed down there. I know better. There isn't anything to make rite with me. I might be heading down there next week I'll call on my way down. Like I said I'm not the bad-mouthing type so I'm sorry if it came across that way. Kid

biglake-ike

Ikes bait,we saw you out side wen. couldn't stop, maybe sat. whats the good word on the bite sat. and water cond? thanx

ike's tackle

The water level is up but the fish are bitting. Try just below the Y on the wisconsin side of the river. 3-waying rigging with minnows is producing some nice walleyes in 12-14 feet of water.