• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be out Mon,Tues, Wed nights to see if those little buggers are in with any sorts of numbers yet.

Load where have you seen ice on the river in the last week? Back Wi. Bays? I drove all the way a to the 23 bridge a few days ago and she is wide open.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• BD110

• SKIPPERS KID

• LoonASea

I took a few pulls tonight (Sunday) with a buddy from work. We were only able to come up with a few shiners at the tot lot. I'm going to pass on Monday night and give it another try on Wednesday night.

See ya at the tot lot!!!

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Anyone want to try a couple pulls on Wisc. Point tonight? Thats if it doesnt rain.

I went down to the Amnicon on Saturday night. We got two smelt in our first pull and it was still plenty light out, so we thought they were going to really be going. Smelted until 11 and didn't get another. Couple more and I could have had myself a cocktail, but oh well. The water temp at the mouth of the Brule was still 39.8 on Sunday morning. My guess is next weekend will be prime, and I get to go with the girlfriend an hour south of Madison for Easter. woohoo.

Steve I may join you for comic relief this evening. I'll give you a call this afternoon.

I might stop down if i get out of work early, one of you guys should give me a ring and let me know when and where.

No smelting tonight boys. Strong/cold east wind is too much. 3' waves and CHILLY. Try Tot Lot Wed night.

That east wind will blow in what warm water that may be out there. Tomorrow might be a good night.

NORTHLANDER

WE should try wen. 4-12-06 name the time and place it should be soon sine me up i will be there cool.gif

Totlot at 7:45 tonight Boys and Girls. Lets hope the wind lets us play tonight.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I would've liked to give it a go tonight but I don't like the wind direction. Next day we have a light east wind I'll show up with the smelt.

Warm and very little wind. Very little smelt too. Glad to see all the FMers out though. Ill hit it again Sat-tues nights.

Yea, I see it died down later on but it was been blowing hard off shore all day. That blows all the warm water out. I really think the next warm day with a E or NE wind the smelt will follow that water in.

I went out with my brother last night. Smelted from 915 till 11 and filled 1/2 of a five gallon bucket. Also netted a gorgeous lamphrey. That lamphrey will make for some good eating.

The most excitement we had was a muskrat in our net. I hear ya on the warm water blowing out Frank. We had that exact conversation last night. This weekend may be the start.

Use to do some dipping at the Stewart River (about 18 years ago). Is that a thing of the past? Would like to get some for the local Sportsman Club in Cleveland MN for a smelt fry. Is a minnow sein net the way to go now a days? Is the tot lot the public beach south of the lift bridge? Thanks

I have seen people dipping last year in the Lester, Sucker, and Talmadge.

Dip netting days are pretty much over these days. Not a big enough run for rivers to fill with any numbers. Seigning the points, MN. or WI., is the way to go these days.

Keep a eye out here we will keep ya all informed. Im guessing this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Dont know for a fact. But i heard there was people smelting on park pint on the bay side down by the soccer fields.

I have done very well in years past on the bay side. No they were not shiners they were smelt. Its been a good while since i have gotten any there. I miss the good old days of smelting. I have some great memories though. when the run was on they came in thick!

I just got out of the Hospital for an emergency surgery. I plan on coming down to the Tot Lot sometime in the next few days. I got all the gear if someone wants to use my seine net and buckets.If you don't have the gear but know how to smelt let me know and we could split the difference. You would need your own waders though. i most likely won't be able to smelt I'm on a strict restriction of lifting nothing more than 10 pounds for 4 weeks. Make sure you can find a buddy.

good news, the smelt are running. went out last night from 9 till 11 and picked up 9 gallons. Three people, one seign. It was super windy and hard to keep a fire going but they were running. Our last pull of the night was at about 10:45 and we got 3 gallons in one seignful. So I have enough, probably gonna go next week but now I'll keep the fire going and maybe sip some hot toddies while everyone else does the work.

I am willing to help someone pull at some point this weekend or early next week. I would like to get some of the tasty buggers and just need to know when people are going to be down there and where as well as if there are any guys that need someone on the other end of the seine. Keep me updated and let me know. Also just curious to see if anyone will be down on MN point tonight at perhaps the tot lot. I haven't had a whole lot of smelting experience so I am eager to learn.

Pikemaster - where were you at? Help a brother out. Were you at the Tot Lot? MN or WI. MN point???

William Wallace nice to have you on board. Welcome!

If your on Park Point dont get caught with a fire or beer on the beach you will get a ticket. Plus you may blow it for everyone. Bring a lantern or go to Wisc. Point if ya want a fire. Not being a A-hole just letting ya know the facts.

Anyone going tonight @ the TotLot?

I could be there - just need to tell the wife something...

B2

Quick & Myself will be heading down after work. SHould be down there before 11pm if anyone else is gonna be in. No seign with us but willing to pull if you'all get tired. smirk.gif

Northlander, hit me with a call if you are heading down there I will bring the GC for the Ballet for you. blush.gif

Ballet huh Steve? All that razzin you gave Cheffrey about his picture while in the background your doin Swan River.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. ooo.gif

Oh my.

I have some free time tonight so ill be down at the Tot Lot at dark to pull a sein mine is too long so if any one thats legal ill have my waders and bucket with

c ya there

Randoid