• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Turkey Hunting Photo Contest (post them here)

Art Barbarians

HEY TURKEY HUNTING FANS!

CHECK OUT THESE GREAT PRINTS BY MICHAEL SIEVE (MINNESOTA NATIVE) THAT I RECENTLY PURCHASED AND HAD FRAMED AT ART BARBARIANS.

Tom Foolery - Wild Turkeys By Michael Sieve

tomlg101613633.jpg

Golden Fan Club - Wild Turkeys By Michael Sieve

fanclublg118175251.jpg

We Three Kings - Wild Turkeys By Michael Sieve

We%20Three%20Kings%20-l.jpg

Blindsided - Wild Turkeys By Michael Sieve

blindsidedlarge11817459.jpg

1998 Minnesota Turkey Stamp Print By Michael Sieve

stamp831172930.jpg

Chisholm Valley Strut - Turkeys By Michael Sieve

chisholmvalleystrut831172711.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Art Barbarians

• HateHumminbird

• Mark Christianson

• HARPOON-OR-BUST

Contestants, your entries are viewable by clicking here 2006 Turkey Hunting Photo Contest.

As soon as all the judges report I will post the results.

Judges are: Scot Storm, Jim Hautman, Joe Hautman, Jim Hansel and Randy (Your Big Shot).

Great job this year.

Thanks,

Art Barbarians

763-494-8888

www.artbarbarians.com

2006 Spring Turkey Hunting Photo Contest Winners and Honorable Mentions.

All contestants not listed below receive a $15 Art Barbarians Coupon.

Congratulations to all successful hunters this spring. Please refer to the original contest posting for prize pickup information, or call the gallery at 763-494-8888.

1st Place Roz - winner of "Wild Turkey - Rebud" by Maynard Reece

FM%20ROZ%20sm616114823.jpg

2nd Place Walleywacker - winner of "Double Strike" by Scot Storm

FM%20walleyewacker%20sm6161212.jpg

3rd Place Sergeant Slabber - winner of "The Challenge" by Jim Hansel

FM%20Sergeant%20Slabber%20sm616115017.jp

4th Place Jnelson - winner of "Kouba's Roost" by Les Kouba

FM%20jnelson%20sm616114229.jpg

5th Place Wallydog - winner of Your Big Shot Photo Enlargement

FM%20Wallydog%20sm6161222.jpg

6th Place Walleye 69 - winner "2000 MN Turkey Stamp Print" by Joe Hautman

FM%20walleye69%20sm61611580.jpg

7th Place Biglakebass - winner of "1998 Texas Turkey Stamp Print" by Jim Hautman

FM%20biglakebaSS%20sm616113319.jpg

Honorable Mentions listed below all receive a pencil print by David Barnhouse

20044Mustang

FM%202044Mustang%20sm616113130.jpg

Harpoon – Or – Bust

FM%20HARPOON-OR-BUST%20sm616114158.jpg

Nick Brandt

FM%20Nick%20Brandt%20sm616114343.jpg

Buckpredator

FM%20buckpredator%20sm616113533.jpg

Norsky

FM%20Norsky%20sm616114753.jpg

Art Barbarians Gallery

located in Rogers, MN across I-94 from Cabelas

(two doors east of The Black Bear Lodge)

www.artbarbarians.com

763-494-8888

I want to take the time and thank a few people that made this possible. This year’s contest had quite a few entries, and the photos keep looking better and better each year. A positive side-effect here is that all those memories will be that-much better preserved with a great photo of the hunt’s culmination.

-Adam from Art Barbarians gets the big-thanks for basically setting this whole contest in motion. Without him, the thing wouldn’t even get off the ground! Adam is one heckuva turkey-hunter to his own-credit, as many of you remember from last year’s photos and article on the home page.

-Chris (owner of Art Barbarians) gets another huge thanks for donating the prizes and working to sponsor the entire thing. Check out their gallery, which is loaded to the gills with great wildlife art, at:

Art Barbarians Gallery

located in Rogers, MN across I-94 from Cabelas

(two doors east of The Black Bear Lodge)

www.artbarbarians.com

763-494-8888

-Panel of Judges - Special thanks to Scot Storm, Jim Hautman, Joe Hautman, Jim Hansel and Randy ( of Your Big Shot). It makes the contest that much more special to have artists of your caliber weighing-in on the decisions. Thank you!

-Contestants!!! – You guys who go out there, hunt turkeys, and post your photos are another key to the successes we’ve shared. There would be no contest without the many great entries we’ve received. Make sure to remember to give something back here on the turkey board by sharing some tips and strategies, or even a story from the hunt. There are many of us out there who are very interested, especially myself!

Thanks for a great spring everyone, can’t wait until next year!

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by Art Barbarians yesterday to pick up my print.

Very nice guys to work with!

Best part is you stop in to check out prints or framing and you end up talking a little fishing and hunting as well. grin.gif

I have them framing up my print and looking forward to getting it back to hang on the office wall.

I'll be heading back there with some prints I have that need some framing for sure.

I stopped by there on Friday afternoon to pick up my print as well. Got a chance to talk shop with both Chris and Adam, and these guys are about as knowledgeable as it gets when you're talking wildlife art and artists. Chris recommended some other prints that would fit well in our place, as well as mentioning some artists whose work I might enjoy.

I spent the rest of the time talking turkeys with Adam. Both he and Chris enjoy chasing birds, and had some good pictures to share.

Thanks guys, I'll be seeing you soon I'm sure.

Joel

I missed ya by 20 minutes Joel.

Hey thanks a lot. So how do we go about getting the prizes?

Harpoon:

Swing up to Art Barbarians in Rogers and check out the store. The prints will be there. It's an excuse to check out the Cabelas across the highway as well.

Directions are a few post's above in this thread.

Joel

How much time do I have to get there? I am pretty busy with work now and have a few trips coming up so I wouldn't be able to make it to that area any time soon. Would it be possible to get it shipped?

Best to give Art Barbarians a call.