• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Turkey Hunting Photo Contest (post them here)

Art Barbarians

A signed and numbered limited edition print of the 1998 Texas Turkey Stamp by Jim Hautman and a $25 framing certificate for Art Barbarians is one of the many great prizes for this year's contest. Jim will also be one of the judges this year. To view all of Jim's images click here (Jim Hautman art on Art Barbarians)

Turkey%20Contest%20Prize%20Jim%20Hautman

Gobble Gobble,

Art Barbarians

www.artbarbarians.com

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Art Barbarians

• HateHumminbird

• Mark Christianson

• HARPOON-OR-BUST

A signed and numbered limited edition print of the 2000 Minnesota Turkey Stamp by Joe Hautman and a $25 framing certificate for Art Barbarians is one of the many great prizes for this year's contest. Joe will also be one of the judges this year. To view all of Joe's images click here (Joe Hautman art on Art Barbarians)

turkey%20contest%20prize%20Joe%20Hautman

Cluck Cluck Cluck,

Art Barbarians

www.artbarbarians.com

Sweeeeeet prizes!!!

Really looking forward to all the entries yet to come!

Joel

I hunted in the same group as gravel lizzard hunter. The birds were tough this year. 3 birds for 6 people, I guess that fits the average.

TurkeyHunting2006009.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Very nice prizes!

Sid:

3 for 6 would be better than the avg of around ~33% success!!! Great job.

Joel

Its OK he's dead, he won't hurt you

turkey55if.jpg

Lets try it one more time

turkey45hn.jpg

THATA GIRL!!!!

I shot this jake walking to the blind on the last day of my season. When trigger time came I was wearing camo shorts and a short sleeve shirt, I dressed up for the photo. My first bird. I'm not competing in the contest, just wanted to share with you all. Remember no photoshop and only one photo for the contest.

Happy Hunting,

Chris Knutson

Art Barbarians

www.artbarbarians.com

Chris%20Knutson%20Chisholm%20Valley%20St

2006_0422006.jpg

These birds were taken April 22nd in Gregory County in South Dakota. My bird on the right was 24lbs with a 9" beard, and 1 1/2" spurs.

If any of you guys,or gals, subscribe to the Outdoor News, you'll be able to see the picture of my first successful gobbler hunt in 6 attempts. I'm on the cover this week with the bird shot in Fillmore county. If and when I figure out how to post a picture for this contest, you'll be able to see it then.

Sorry hunters, the print I ordered for the grand prize for the contest is sold out (I just found out yesterday) This sucks, I wanted to see a lucky hunter take that puppy home....I'm working on another jpg for the substituted prizes....Stay Tuned!

Art Barbarians

Randy at Your Big Shot photo enlargements is giving an 18" x 24" to a lucky winner in this year's spring turkey contest.

turkey%20contest%20your%20big%20shot%20l

Have a safe hunt,

Art Barbarians

763-494-8888

www.artbarbarians.com

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

WOW!!!

It just gets better and better.

Same question here! I've never posted a picture, and would like to enter the contest. Thanks!!

For a great intro on how to post a picture (better than I can explain it), go to:

HOW TO POST A PICTURE

Any specifics beyond that, feel free to contact.

Joel

Here's my entry for the 2006 photo contest. It was a hard-earned bird taken way down below me in the canyon, as my head is kind of pointing to in the photo.

It was some pretty steep terrain, and at the time of the photo, I was pretty exhausted from dragging that bird up the gully. I didn't know how my expression would play out till I looked at the photo, and it looks like I was trying to convey that the thing came "from down in that hole!"

down_there.JPG

Here is a photo of my son and favorite hunting buddy with his first ever turkey.

A hefty jake that he called in almost entirely by himself with a box call. (I helped just a little with a diaphragm call to close the last few yards). Safe to say he's hooked on turkey hunting.

[image]478767r10381ir.th.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=478767r10381ir.jpg[/image]

Great pictures of all your birds. smile.gifCongrats to all who shot your turkey.Its a hard bird to harvest. smile.gif

Sorry guys and gals, the Paul Calle piece I tried to get in for the contest is sold out (I found out yesterday) here is the replacement prize.

"UPLAND SERIES II-WILD TURKEYS and REDBUD" Paper Print - Signed and Numbered by Maynard Reese + a $25 framing certificate to Art Barbarians.

turkey%20contest%20maynard%20reece%20lg5

Lets see the photos boys, lots of prizes everyone will walk away with something so far!

Thanks,

Art Barbarians

763-494-8888

www.artbarbarians.com

Jeff_turkey.jpg

Here is a picture of my first successful turkey hunt in six attempts. This bird was taken on April 28th. It weighed 25 pounds, had a 10 inch beard and 7/8 inch spurs. Thanks to ChuckN for helping me get this posted!

sturkey1cy.jpg

I already posted a photo of my son's first turkey taken on April 22. This one is mine, taken on the following morning.

He really put on a show for us. He strutted and gobbled for several minutes trying to get the hen decoy to respond.

Here is my entry. 20 lbs 2 oz. 9.5 inch beard, 3/4" spurs.

Not the biggest, but man what a thrill once again.

turkey2006medium9wm.jpg

BLB:

I don't know what you're talking about.....that's a darned nice bird.

You guys and your rocks and logs that you drape those massive birds over. Makes for a nice photo. The last few are doozies!

Good luck all.

Joel

Thank You Art Barbarians for hosting my photo and helping me post this photo of my buddy Jamie and I with our Black Hills, South Dakota Gobblers that we shot opening weekend near Custer, SD. 2_SD_Black_Hill_Gobblers___Jamie___Tate_

Thank You Art Barbarians for hosting my photo and helping me post this photo of my First Big Gobbler that I harvested near Henderson, MN. This old gobbler had a 10 1/8" Beard, 1 1/4" Spurs and weighted around 24 pounds. After chasing after him for 3 days I finally got him to come to my call. I am using my cousins Username because Fishing Minnesota wouldn't let me setup my Username from his computer for some reason. I hope this doesn't disqualify us both from the contest! Thanks Again Adam at Art Barbarians for your help! Nick Brandt Belle Plaine, MN Nick_s_Gobbler_against_the_trees_it_was_

Hey Joel

Yeah you are right. Just jealous of the guys with 24 lb birds. LOL