• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
nofishfisherman

Fish Lake camping in June

nofishfisherman

I am planning on coming up to fish lake in June to do a little camping and fishing with the wife and some friends. I have camped out on the islands a few times but it was always just with on or two other guys and we didn't really care to much if we got a great site or not.

This time we will be with a few females that would prefer to have a nice spot to hangout and maybe do some swiming.

I guess my question is how fast do the campsites fill up on fish lake in June? If we get ther Saturday around noon will we still get a good spot or do we need to be up there Friday night?

We will probably have 5-8 people total so we need a site of decent size, do you guys think there will be a problem getting a spot since you can't reserve anything?

As usualy everyone is looking to me to plan this whole thing so I will get alot of crap if we drive 2 1/2 hours to get to the lake and then can't find a site.

Thanks for the help.

LoonASea

NoFish

I spent a lot of time last summer fishing on Fish Lake ..and I will tell you most of the better camp site will have a tent on them from Memorial day weekend thru Labor day ...most in fact will be vacant but folks leave their inexpensive tent up to save their spot all summer long ...this will hold true on Island lake also ...I dont want to rain on your parade ..but you may want to pray for rain

Surface Tension

I must have missed this thread.

Just as Loonasea said the best sites fill fast. If you get there Saturday you'll be lucky to get a spot. If you can plan your trip on a Wed or Thur you should be OK.

nofishfisherman

I was a little afraid of that. We will have to go on a weekend becuase I can't take any more time off of work this summer. I am spending 2 weeks in Spain so vacation time is a little tight.

The lady folks probably won't be going if it is raining outside so maybe I will have to come up with a plan B.

I doubt that I can be there much before 8pm on a Friday night. I might have to pay one of you guys to go up and grab a spot for me before I get there.

There is one spot that isn't cleared very well that people seem to avoid camping on so maybe that will be an option. I know I have been up 2-3 times on Fridays and always found a spot but I am a little nervous taking the women with this time.

I am confident going by myself becuase if I can't find a spot I will just throw my sleeping bag in the woods and be totally fine.

I am open to any suggestions.