• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
beef

Welcome Sunset Cove!!!

beef

Good to see that we picked up a cool sponsor for this cool forum!!! Al sure knows Cass... Adam is a great fisherman too at the cove...

Welcome Aboard!!!!

Beef

mnz71hunt

This is great place to stay - in my opinion. I've been staying here since Al purchased it several years ago from the previous owners. Good fishin, good company, nice clean cabins and friendly advice, whether you want it or not.

laugh.gif

Quackaddict9

AL knows alot about the lake and is a great guy and Adam Naatz knows some duck hunting and some bass spots all over the lake...

genegodawa

Is Sunset the one in Dick's Bay? Stopped in there last yr for the first time for some ice cream, a sweatshirt, and a break for my sisters. Looked like a nice, clean, friendly place-will have to stop in again this yr. Our ETA is now at T-59. Those fish better be hungry!

beef

Should be a tough bite when your up here due to the Mayfly hatch... The last 2 years the hatch has been over the 13th-15th of June... Pay attention to the depth finder...

Yep Sunset is in Dick's Bay!! Need any additional advice, look for Al or Adam...

Beef

genegodawa

So I guess we're gonna be doing less catching and more fishing then, right Beef? Would make for a longer week, but what could be better than to be on good ol' Cass?

beef

Well I agree about hanging out at Cass is a blast.. I hope the fishing is great for you, but let's hope the mayflies hold off until after your gone... Were guessing up here right now that the ice will be off in the next week/week and a half... If the flies do hatch be prepared to drag some cranks...

Beef

genegodawa

Beef,

What is the usual brand of cranks that you use? Wallydivers, ShadRaps? Please clue me in on what my next lure purchase should be - size and color would be helpful too. Thanks.

PikeBayCommanche

Gene,

Cranks are my bait of choice and have had luck with a few different styles.

Summer- Glass Shad- Glass Perch Color

Tail Dancer- Blue/White

Fall- Husky Jerk- FireTiger

Rebel Holographic Stickbait

Good Luck this year!! wink.gif

beef

Gene,

Rapala Shallow Shads in any color... ssr8's are my favorite...

When planner boarding, depends on what type of cranking your doing.. I like smaller ones for the shallow fish and run Walleye Divers for the deeper fish.. Once again colors for me have never been a issue...

Beef

genegodawa

Thanks for the tips guys. I had heard that Firetiger or Perch are the most mentioned colors for Walleye. I have had my best luck for NPike with a Green/wOrange belly Cisco Kid, but know of fish being taken on lots of lures - guess it depends on how hungry they are and if they see the lure at that moment. And probably the wobble it gives off too.

Ever do any crankin' on the River leading up to PikeHole?

TurtleRivertoPikeHole.jpg

EyesonCass

Just wanted to put in my 2cents, we pull Shad Rap 5,s in chart. and some blue and silver has worked well. This was a tip I learned from this forum about 4 years ago and I am grateful for the info. we share on this forum. This forum has had a welcomed change in the last few months,back to fishing and freindly advice. Can,t wait till we get back to Cass we are counting the days!!! Rick U.

beef

Good to have you back eyesoncass...

When your up drop a line, chances are I will be on the pond fishing/scouting....

Beef

genegodawa

Eyeson,

Glad to see you enjoy the tips so much and thanks for sharing yours, but why you couldn't help but mention "a welcomed change" is a wonder to me? Is that a reference to the old group of posters being gone now? I miss that banter and know that anyone could have joined in. I don't know, but maybe someone needs to have a little thicker skin than most to keep up with that group, but I have met some great guys just by joking around on this board, and I know there are several I've yet to meet but would like to, so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.

EyesonCass

Gene, I only mentioned it with regard to fishing info. seemed to me that was missing for a time. I dont consider myself thin-skinned at all,I like a laugh as much as you do. Didn,t mean to single anyone out, just liked the tips I have picked up in the past. By the way Gene your not still steammed about my "put it on the board" post last fall about the White Sox are you? I hope not, all in good fun. Ha! Ha grin.gif! In fact I can admit this here, I have also cheered for the Cubs many times . I'm a Chicago boy, all teams all sports. Good luck to the Cubs too, maybe it can be their year this year. Good Fishing and Happy Easter to all. Rick P.s. Beef, I probably will see you and Brian(and family) this summer we will be at Break On The Lake again end of June.

genegodawa

Yes Eyes, sometimes for long periods we would go without real fishing talk but I think mostly that was because that old group of chatters didn't do any ice fishing.

Thanks for your explanation - lots of times the written word doesn't give the true meaning or intent- which is partly why the old group is gone.

As to Cubbies/Sox, I have had that rivalry since I was in Pee-Wee's. Very healthy for the most part, until the Sox went and grabbed those bragging rights! Now I gotta lay a little lower than normal, but right now, it's "wait for this year".

Too bad you will be at Cass a little later than us. Hopefully I'll be back in time to give you a good report before your trip.