• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

musky hunter

I drive across the Bong Bridge every day and the urges of my fishing addiction are coming back. Winter is losing it's icy grip and the bay is beginning to open up, theres open water to well up toward the old Carnigie dock. Can't really say you could launch a boat yet but it's getting close. Looks like true ice out is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

outdoor ran

I hear ya man. I was so excited yesterday to see open water while driving across the bridge to work I'm lucky I didn't wreck. cool.gif I took a look at the shore shore this morning. Only ice I saw was in and around the lighthouse. I've got to go pick up the boat from Link this weekend, shes repaired and ready to roll.

If the wind allows I might try to get the duck boat on the shore and see if I can find some coho's this weekend.

SKIPPERS KID

Walleye's are going at the superior entry in from today deb and i will post after our outing. We will give first hand report in the am. I hope my resorses are true will post the truth in the day... shocked.gif

outdoor ran

Noticed a boat fishing the poop plant today while going across the bridge. Must be fishing for pannies. She looks wide open down there. I'm sure a person could launch under the bridge now and shoot out to the Lake.

Northlander

Ill be hitting the south shore on Wed. Eyes should be in there real good now. Hopefully they all arent already in the bays.

SKIPPERS KID

Steve look me up I will go with you if you have room cool.gif my new ride is ready and so am i cant wait to pull some fish laugh.gif

outdoor ran

Steve, hows loons foot looking? Let me know how you do. Hopefully the mud clears up by then from the Nemdeji and rain. I'm curoius to see how many eyes are still in the Lake or are most of them in the river like the Rainy. Totally different systems. I was hoping to try it this weekend but that got washed away.

Hone Eye 1

As of last thursday ice was still 3\4 the way up oredock. frown.gif

Northlander

Ya too much ice at Loonsfoot so Rices/Ups is the best bet now.

backcast

H.E.1

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota. Backcast.

Big Country

H.E.1 , Welcome grin.gif As you can see, winter around these parts can make a fella stir crazy! Outdoor, what was wrong with your boat? I guess I didn't hear. BC

Northlander

Welcome Hone eye 1. Not much going on but shoefishing now but soon trolling on the big lake and smelting will be going full swing. Then the best day of the year. MN. Opener! 2 weeks straight on the St.Louis will be a BLAST!

Maybe you can get out smelting with us some time?

Hone Eye 1

Heading up north Wednesday, hoping to be on the South shore Wednesday or Thursday, depending on the weather. Didn't know the Walleyes hit in April. My fourth year on the big lake, still a rookie and trying. Hope to see you out there 20ft Monark. Hone-eye

outdoor ran

HE1 welcome aboard. I've seen your monark with hone-eye on it quite often at Loons Foot last couple of years. I'll make sure i say hi the next time I see you.

B.C. I had the yoke, coupling assembly and gimbal bearing replaced. The motor is an 1986 and the prevoius owner didn't grease everything. I wasn't happy to get the boat back with the marine radio antenna broke in two and the hitch looking like the letter J. I'm guessing they bend it ripping it out of there ice lot. On the bright side they are going to replace both parts for free.

Big Country

I'm sure everything will work out o.k. with the motor. I bet you were ticked to find out about the antenna and the mount. I would think a 1lb. propane tank with a torch on it would have melted that ice, but that's just me. Glad to hear she will be sea worthy soon. Some of the best fishing out there. BC

Tom Linderholm

Hone Eye1,

Welcome to the other board!

Ran, don't feel bad its all in due time. I am still waiting my engine to arrive so that I can go out and try some new stuff. The wait is killing me.

Hone Eye 1

Thanks for the welcome.Not much chatter on the other board lately.If i can get out on the big lake later this week i'll post a report.

musky hunter

Just had to see if the launch is open, and Rices Point is launchable! The ice didn't do the dock so well though, it's listing 40 degrees to port so be careful. It'll stil be several weeks before I'll have time to get out, but I'll be ready.