• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

EZ Pull Trigger Assist

HateHumminbird

Does anybody know much about this product, or preferably, actually used one?

It's sold as a means of reducing trigger pull without getting your trigger re-worked or replaced. Anybody know what this type of work costs? The trigger assist runs about $40.

Thanks for any information.

Joel

Never heard of it - can you provide a link or a description?

I'm thinking it must be like a pulley system where the doubling up reduces the work???

I don't know and I'm just guessing by looking at the website. I'd never heard of or seen such a thing before.

Let us know how it works out, eh? Seems to be a fairly simple lever device - but the "technical" details on the website leave a lot to be desired.

For an quick and easy fix for minor trigger issues, or to make the crisp ones feel even lighter, a trigger shoe can help. It is basically a chunk of metal or plastic that you attach directly to the trigger, which is wider than the factory trigger and gives you a larger surface area for the trigger finger. I used to have one on my target rifle, and installed one on my varmint gun.

Interesting, very interesting.

If I had a bolt gun, I would be more inclined to go with an aftermarket trigger by Timney.

I do have a couple of older Remington 742 semi-autos, and I am intrigued to maybe try one of these. I absolutely hate the triggers on these guns, and a lot of gun-smiths won't touch them. You can get aftermarket triggers, but they are rather expensive.

I think this would be cool on a shotgun for turkey hunting too.

The one question I have is this: If the existing trigger is alreay full of creep and draggy, how does this unit eliminate that?

Why not just take it to a gunsmith? The last gun I took in for trigger work was less than 100 bucks if I remember right. I was pleased with the work and I am confident with it. I get a little worried about add on stuff if you know what I mean!

The problem on my two turkey guns is that the trigger is quite crisp, like alot of shotgun or "snap-shooters" prefer. It's like I have to break a mm-thick icicle between the back of the trigger and trigger guard! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. grin.gif

Any prices on a trigger re-work, or one of the new timneys? I'm sure I could look it up, but wondering if you know off-hand? I think the effectiveness of this product will more directly relate to dollars and cents in comparison to above options vs. actual operability.

Thanks guys!

Joel

Just checked out the website and I must say that is one cool invention. It adds length to the trigger and thus makes it easier to apply force to the hammer release machinism: it is easier to turn a bolt with a long rench than it is with a short one.

Just got one I ordered in the mail. I'll give it a whirl and let you know what I find out.

Joel

• 1 month later...

So I finally got a chance to try the dang thing out and I'm quite pleased.

Like almostthere said, "easier to turn a bolt with a long wrench than a short one."

I installed it on a Winchester semi-auto .22 I've had since I was a kid. The trigger was about the heaviest pulling one I had on any gun I own, and the EZ Pull softened it up substantially. While I haven't yanked it off and put it on one of my bigger hunting guns, I think the thing works very well.

It's solid enough to be a long-term solution by using a bit of loc-tite, and temporary enough to leapfrog from gun to gun if you'd so choose. Best part for me was that it's cheaper than a trigger re-work and much cheaper than buying a timney or whole new trigger mechanism.

They don't work on all firearms I've been told (trigger guard is too wide on certain firearms to install), so I'd check with them if interested in putting it on a specific gun. All in all I think the thing is worth checking out!

Joel

• 5 weeks later...

quote about a barstool i invented the ez pull trigger assist because i can change this product from rifle to rifle or to a shotgun without doing a trigger job on each individual firearm even though i have completed more than 40 yeasr of trigger jobs i can improve a quality trigger 50% without taking the bolts out of the action which changes the point of impact when retightening even when they are installed with a torque wrench things are not the same i wish i could install one on your rifle because i enjoy being able to see a person who is completely satisfied with this produdct i can machine the gears on a watch or any firearm that i have been in contace with i do not know about wholes under bar stools or how to put dots or capitols on sentences but i love to shoot and reload best wishes iggy