• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Headed out to Washington today around 1 and fished until 5. We ended up getting enough for a nice meal for a friend and I. The size ran a little smaller than what we were used to, but we did manage a 8"ers, and a couple nice crappie and a perch. I guess not to bad for the first time out since Febuary. It was a strange bite. Some of the fish woud rocket off the bottom after your jig and bite before you could even get it down and others would look at it for a few minutes before biting.

where were you at? we where there last weekend and got alot of 8" but no crappies thinking about going this weekend. Drilled alot of holes to get those 15 fish.caught most of them on 12' in bakers bay. tongue.gif

Welcome to Fishing MN. Phil.I see this is your first post and now you will be a F.M. addict.This is a great group of guys with alot of excellent info. smile.gif

Dont be afraid to ask any questions as there are many people willing to share here.Again WELCOME.

Welcome aboard Phil and thanks for the report. Like harvey lee said, you are now officially addicted. blush.gif

Oh I have been addicted all winter. I am from Wisconsin and go to school at MSU. I had no clue where any lakes were or where to fish. I just started fishing Washington in January and have had exelent luck (thanks to you guys). We were fishing by the narrows in about 11' of water. Bakers is too long of a walk for this guy. We were back there earlier in the season looking for that 12' water and the rock pile but we could never find it. I think the maps I am looking at are off. Thanks all for you awesome reports over this winter and I look forward to posting more. I will be out Saturday.

My husband and I were there last Sunday. Walked out to Bakers Bay from the access at Westwood.We tried all different depths. Caught one small sunny in 12 foot, and another small sunny in about 20 ft. It was showing fish on the vex but couldnt get them to bite. It seemed that most of the people out there were moving around alot. Been doing most of our fishing on Madison, but cant believe how dirty the water is looking. Put the Aquaview down and couldnt hardly see anything. And the same happened there, it showed lots of fish but couldnt get many of them to bite.

Went out saturday morning at 8 and fished until 6 at night. Ended up catching and releasing well over 200 hundred fish. By the time my buddy came out at noon I just wanted to sit there and watch him catch all the fish. Needless to say he hammered them. Early in the morning the fish wouldn't touch an orange tear drop so I put on a glow jig and that was the ticket until about 2 or 3 when they stopped hitting it. We fished 9-12 feet of water and moving was key. Catch a few fish out of one hole and move down to another hole. By the end of the day we had a pretty beaten path in a circle. We caught bluegills and crappies anywhere from 2 feet under the ice to right on the bottom. We must have been doing something right because by the end of the day everyone from bakers bay were moving closer to us. Hope to get out this week again for some fast action. Tight lines.