• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Issues with Aqua-Vu Cameras?

stick

Question

I have an Aqua-Vu MC2X that I got 4-5 years ago, and I have had my 2nd camera go bad with the same issue. I don't get any camera image until I wiggle the cable where it enters the camera housing. I carry the entire unit in the soft case as well the hard case (camera in one case and then inside the hard case). I have never abused the system in any way or had it tangled in weeds or brush. I swallowed hard to pay for a replacement camera 3 years ago (at a reduced price from retail), and was told that the new camera won't experience any of these issues. Now, I am experiencing the same issue, and am bing requested to pay for a new replacement camera. I'm pretty cheesed by the whole thing, and am frustrated to pay for a manufacturing defect. Has anyone experienced this same issue, or am I just experiencing bad luck?

6 answers to this question

I dont know what to tell you.. I have an MC2X and I also have a Scout XL... I have also owned a scout. I never once had a problem with them, and I am not even all that carefull with them. I hope you get your problem solved!..

I don't recall the model I have, but I've been pretty bad at taking good care of my Aquavu. However, I haven't had any problems with it, except I feel the batteries could last a little longer. I keep mine in the hard case and it gets banged around and such, but I haven't had the problems you're having.

Not sure what to tell you, except that one would hope they would back up their product a little more and help you out.

Did you contact CS at Aqua Vu or were you working with the dealer? I would go to Aqua Vu first, dealers are always going to tell you to buy a new unit. It maybe something that is fairly easy to fix like loose wires or something and save you a couple of hundred bucks. Have had no problems with my Scout except I agree on the battery commnet earlier.

I have had a similar issue with my marcum. It's not extremly bad on mine but i just jiggle the wires or quick snap the cable and it returns to normal. I would definatly contact Aqua View if it's something that bothers you don't even mess around with the dealer like mentioned earlier they are just after your wallet. Good Luck and Good Fishin!

My comments above are with dealing with AV customer service directly. Thanks for the comments. I think I'm going to pony up for the new camera, and not take such good care of it (LOL).

Thanks to all.

My aqua vu did the same as yours this year. About every other time out I had to jiggle the cable just above camera to get a picture. Then it was every time out until it finally wouldn't work at all. It was about 5-6 years old. I replaced it with the scout xl and that ones been working good so far.