• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Predictions?

Rolly22

I really don't know much about most of these teams, but I thought it would be cool to have a office pool of sorts on the tourney. See who can pick the most winners.

← Last Next →

Friday, March 24, 2006

NCAA Tournament

Nebraska-Omaha vs. Boston University 4:00 ET NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinal (Worcester, MA)

Michigan at North Dakota 9:30 ET NCAA West Regional Semifinal (Grand Forks, ND)

Boston College vs. Miami 7:00 ET NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinal (Worcester, MA)

Holy Cross vs. Minnesota 6:30 ET NCAA West Regional Semifinal (Grand Forks, ND)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

NCAA Tournament

Bemidji State vs. Wisconsin 2:30 ET NCAA Midwest Regional Semifinal (Green Bay, WI)

Michigan/NoDakota vs. HolyCross/Minn 9:00 ET NCAA West Regional Final (Grand Forks, ND)

Maine vs. Harvard 3:00 ET NCAA East Regional Semifinal (Albany, NY)

Colorado College vs. Cornell 5:30 ET NCAA Midwest Regional Semifinal (Green Bay, WI)

New Hampshire vs. Michigan State 12:00 ET NCAA East Regional Semifinal (Albany, NY)

BC/Miami vs. UNO/BU 6:00 ET NCAA Northeast Regional Final (Worcester, MA)

Sunday, March 26, 2006

NCAA Tournament

Maine/Harvard vs. UNH/Michigan State 2:00 ET NCAA East Regional Final (Albany, NY)

CC/Cornell vs. Bemidji/Wisconsin 5:00 ET NCAA Midwest Regional Final (Green Bay, WI)

My first round winners:

BC

BU

Michigan

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Maine

CC

Michigan St.

Final Four Advancers:

MN

BU

Mich. State

UW

1st round winners:

Boston U

Nodak

Miami

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Mich state

Cornholio

Harvard

Final 4 teams:

Minnesota

Boston U (cake walk)

Mich state (could win it all)

Wisconsin

I am with Buzzsaw. Except the Sioux at home are too tough over the Gophers. I think the Sioux will find their way into the 4, but then stall out.

Quote:

Except the Sioux at home are too tough over the Gophers. I think the Sioux will find their way into the 4, but then stall out.

I just hope Minnesota and North Dakota play each other EXACTLY they way they played each other in the regular season, Minnesota owned them.... but now it really matters.

First Round Winners:

BSU

Cornell

Harvard

Mich St.

BU

BC

UND

Gophers

Frozen Four

BSU

Mich St.

BC

UND

My first round winners:

Minnesota

Michigan

BC

BU

Wisconsin

CC

Harvard

Michigan St.

Final Four Advancers:

MN

BU

CC

Michigan St.

Then.....

MN

MSU

And finally........

MN

Prediction 1. Gophers Win it all.... grin.gif

Prediction 2.

I like the Gophers in a close one with Holy Cross they have some veterans with tourney experience I think it will be close and we will need a late goal to Win.

Gophers 5-4.....Knessel with late goal.

North Dakota 4-0....I think they will dominate this game.

Boston U. 6-1......they should handle the cornhuskers....

Miami 2-1 3ot's....Boston C is not that great coin flip.

Wisconsin 3-0....if they don't choke it's a win.

Maine 4-3 3 ot's ...Harvard scores late to tie.

Cornel 5-2 .......how did CC get in this?????

MSU 3-2 .....they will survive a late scare..

North Dakota 5-3 Got a bad feeling on this one..GOALTENDING

Boston U 4-2 To strong for the overated Ohiouns!

Cornel 2-1 .....just kinda hoping on this one....

Maine 4-1 ...MSU is overated in my opinion... grin.gif

Oier mah boy, you've got the SUE ie... Flickertails winning two first round games on opposite parts of the country... oh oh... it lookls like red must have placed something in your drink and it's messed with your mind. grin.gif

My prediction...

As I sit in the Ralph tonight watching the games, I expect the Gophers to win big in the early game, and I expect a really good game between ND and Michigan. No matter who wins that one, I expect a very good game on Saturday night.

I hope the Gophers win, but I have this feeling that ND in their home arena is gonna be tough to beat...

First Round

MSU

Maine

Wisc

CC

UND

MN

BC

BU

Frozen Four

MSU

Wisc

Minn

BU

Gophers beat Bucky for the title.

I hate that I haven't picked any upsets except for a couple #3's beating #2's which I hardly consider an upset. I went through game by game though and didn't take what seed they are into account and that's how it turned out. The east regional was by far the hardest for me to decide because I really think any of those four teams could emerge. Yeah, the Gophers sucked last weekend but the Holy Cross draw is great for them since I think they are the weakest team in the tournament. (I think BSU will be tough and I would love to see them upset WI even though it would throw my whole bracket off). The Gophers shouldn't have too much of a problem as long as they come to play and I think that will help get confidence back in the whole team. I could see Michigan pulling the upset but it will probably be UND and #16 and #19 should be more fired up than they have ever been to be playing back in their home state, especially since it may be their last game there if they go pro. The boos after stepping onto the ice from the Sioux fans should also get the maroon and gold fired up. As long as the Gophers come to play they will take home another title.

All in all it really doesn't matter who wins...I'm just excited to watch the best hockey of the year.

Quote:

it lookls like red must have placed something in your drink and it's messed with your mind.
grin.gif

Thats the final 4 buzzy.

Actually unlike Red who gave up on the SUE earlier in the year I knew they were young and could peak at the end like a recent Gopher National Championship team did.

Don't get me wrong I hope they lose but there are team that concerns me.

Yes I was drinking like fish last night and could barely keep my eye's open when predicting... grin.gif

I'm sticking with my first prediction though... grin.gif

Quote:

Prediction 2.

I like the Gophers in a close one with Holy Cross they have some veterans with tourney experience I think it will be close and we will need a late goal to Win.

Gophers 5-4.....Knessel with late goal.

Nobody stepped up....SEEYAA!... grin.gif

Nice effort! Talk about a classic case of peaking at the right time! I started watching the ND/Mich game and both those teams would have squashed us!