• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MSchmillen

Miltona Muskies

MSchmillen

Good evening alex area experts.

I've never fished the area and was wondering how the action was last year. I might be in the area in June and I've heard good things about Miltona. Any thoughts? Any descent fish caught last year?

minnesotamusky

Hey MSchmillen,

Miltona is a very good muskie lake. If you go, make sure you have a good lake map. There's alot of good structure to fish. I've only caught one on Miltona, but had one follow last year that was big enough to make my knees shake. From my experience, bucktails work very well. And the the colors orange, firetiger or blue seem to work for me. Caught mine on a blue bulldawg and that follow was on a custom made blue/white bucktail with a silver blade.

MSchmillen

Thanks! I drive through alex on my way to a couple of my hunting spots but have never thought to go there to fish. I have two trips to the area lined up already, I'm pumped to try some new lakes!

ghotierman

Classic Black on Black bucktail produced a couple hookups for me. Checkout the Lakemaster map of Miltona. 3 foot contours really highlight the variety of structure. Inlaws live on the lake....I'm hoping to tackle a nice 'ski in my kayak this summer!

good luck and good fishing!

purple_princess

We got one out of Miltona last September. give it a shot...let us know how you do.