• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Born2Fish

Quarterback Depth....

Born2Fish

I haven't heard too awfully much about this, but are the vikings considering any QBs to bring in to back up Johnson? I know that Harrington is most likely to be released here soon by detroit and Mike McMahon was released the other day. Personally I would love to see the vikes persue Harrington. Yeah he hasn't really done all that much with the lions but really their line isn't what you would call "top notch". He is young, can make all the throws and can even scramble when needed. In the right offense with the right offensive line in front of him I belive he can be at least a productive QB. What is everyone elses thoughts???

nofishfisherman

The stench on Harrington is still pretty strong so i don't really like him but who knows.

Rumors seem to be swirling that the vikes might package their first 3 picks together to go after one of the top 3 qb's.

Personally I think Schaub could be had for either pick 17 or their 2 second round picks so i would go that route instead. He is a little more proven, alittle older and you could probably get him for less, and leave yourself a draft pick or 2.

Quickstrike

I would love to see Schaub, I just don't see that as a likely scenerio as teams with more to offer have not been able to get a deal done and it seems Atlanta is quite content with holding on to him. (perhaps losing faith in Vick's ability to win a big game?) I do agree we need to address this issue somehow and I think a young QB is the way to go. Harrington may be servicable but I think we can do better then that, especially with a coach that is known for molding young QBs.

cybermuskie

I guess if I had to pick a back-up for BJ right now, I might actually go with Harrington over Schaub, just for game expirence. Both are about the same age I think. I know Schaub lit up the Vikes, but that didn't take much last year. I know Joey has had a tough life as a QB but he really never got a chance to learn from someone, like a BJ. The only other reason I say Joey is that we wouldn't have to give any picks up for him. Don't misunderstand me...I don't want him as a starter now, but given a second chance...he might actually do good if Childress can groom him. I hate to see the Vikes give up to much for a back-up, and Joey would come cheap.

JohnMickish

It would be interesting to see what Harrington could do with a good line and some proper coaching. It's hard to look good when you have about 1.6 seconds to find the reciever before you get killed.

nofishfisherman

Quote:

It's hard to look good when you have about 1.6 seconds to find the reciever before you get killed.

Thats a solid reason explaining some of Culpeppers problems last year.

JohnMickish

I can't say it wasn't, but it looks like this year should be a little better. 3 pro bowl blockers is looking pretty good.

Any ideas on what/who we will have for a running back?

buzzsaw

That would be Chester Taylor following Tony Richardson's lead block. Onterrio is about to be dumped. Now they need to replace Kleindropper and his overpaid self!

IFallsRon

Bears signed Griese to a five-year deal.

CodyDawg

buzz,

Kleinsasser's role on the team is not to catch passes. It is to block, a role in which he is one of the top in the NFL.

mplsnative

That was on the old team there might not be a place on this team for him. too bad cause he's is a good blocker but over paid is right.

tcroz

I think Kleinsasser should be wearing #61 and be a pulling guard. I have never figured the Vikings infatuation with this guy. He can't catch is fumble and injury prone. Can he block yes...go back to line #1. Just a thought!!!!

buzzsaw

Quote:

Kleinsasser's role on the team is not to catch passes. It is to block, a role in which he is one of the top in the NFL.

I understand that and I know that he is considered a good blocker "at the point of attack" and that in most teams books means he is waaaay overpaid. Besides a TE should be able to catch passes, this guys got lobster claws... reminds me of Quadry Ismail... aka... lobster boy. His time is ticking down on the vikes... tick tock buh bye.

mplsnative

he also goes down right away as soon as he's hit.A smaller db goes at the guys legs and it's all over. I think he's too top heavy or something.