• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jaglaw

Breezy Point

jaglaw

My family and my buddy and his family will be staying together at Breezy Point Fri, Sat, Sunday of this weekend. We each have sons 5 years old. Would like to take the kids along fishing. Wondering generally about ice conditions and any recommendations at to lakes in the vicinity. Naturally, any info on the bite is always welcome.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

igotem

Ice conditions are still good with the shorelines at accesses still holding up, at least the ones I've been to. As of today, vehicles still driving out on the ice. The ice near shorelines is what you need to watch out for this time of year. I've been doing real good on the crappies lately. If you want to email me I can give you a few spots where you should have good action on crappies and gills all day. This lake is no secret, but no need to advertise. grin.gif

brentnybakken(at)tds(dot)net

jaglaw

Made it out with the kids Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Still close to 2 feet of ice, although thinning some near shore. Fished in about 7-9 feet of water. Consistent pan fish action. Mostly sunnies and a few crappies. Couldn't keep up with the kids at points. Caught a decent bass, a 20+ walleye and a bull head on wax worms and had two lines snap on something larger than panfish. Everything back in the lake, except for a few sunnies on Sunday.

Unfortunately, probably my last time out for the ice fishing season. First time out in March. Well worth it and a good end to the season.