• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nobody is fishing Norway Lake??!

There were lots of fish houses out there before the removal deadline, but now nothing. Actually there are a couple of houses over on the far west side and one off the point, but not really much activity. And talking to the folks at Last Chance bait, they were fishing crappies too. Must not have been very good fishing at the last end. I remember when I first moved to Willmar about 8 years ago, I had some of my best fishing on Norway right after the ice houses went off. And at that time I didn't have a GPS, it was always a challenge trying to find your spot again!!

Norway was actually pretty hot this winter for Craps and Gils... i have stayed away from the groups for the most part. But the last few weeks me and the boys have been venturing elsewhere for a change.

just give it alittle time, as it starts to warm up the pannies will get wild in the west bay, could hardly find a spot to fish last year, can't wait

Other spots many guys miss is the shallow rocks. They gather alot of pannies. But you have to use caution, in these areas, as they warm fast. I have caught nice sized fish on the rocks. 6 ft of water, fish only 3ft down.

What/where do you mean by 'the shallow rocks'. Are you talking Norway or just in general about fishing panfish on rocks?