• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MuskyBug85

Who has shot the new Switchback?

MuskyBug85

I was looking at the new switchback today, looks impressive, has anyone shot this one yet? Hirsh do we have one at Delaney's yet? Jonah

cliffy

I am rather new to archery...bought my first bow about 4 months ago and ended up buying a Switchback XT. Its a pretty smooth bow...next too nothing for noise and hand shock. I think its worth testing out if you are in the market for a bow. I cant say its the best...as I have only shot a limited number of bows....but its a good fit for me.

JHansel7

Its all what you like, I just bought the new Trykon by Hoyt. I shot the Switchback side by side with it and liked the Trykon better. But its all what you like, they are both nice.

Archery 1

Hey Dudes,

I'm big fan of Mathews bows. I have shot the Switchback and the Xt and Ld and have shot the Trykon. In my opionion

i like the Switchback better than the Trykon. If I was going

to buy a bow it would be the switchback, But my Legacy is shooting so good thou. Next year might be time for an upgrade.

cybermuskie

I upgraded 2 years ago when they didn't have the Switchback yet so I got the Outback. I love my bow. My buddy just got the Switchback and loves it. From what I have heard Hoyt makes some good stuff too. My advice is if your interested in a new bow go out and shoot anything that you want to try, then make your choice. And if ya go to a place and they don't seem to care if they sell ya a bow...go some place else. I have a guy in Bemidji I can hook ya up with if you want Mathews. I sent my friend from Duluth there and he was very happy how he was treated! It always nice to have someone that knows there stuff , and that you trust when it comes to setting up a bow!

Anyway....good luck and let me know if ya need that guys #

JHansel7

its all just a matter of opinion, people like different stuff. Im sure the Switchback is a fantastic bow, I just decided to go a different way, regardless of what brand you get, when you get into the price range everything is nice, and i think youll be happy with what you get. But shoot them all.

Scoot

I shot the Switchback and I thought it was named appropriately- I quickly switched back to a different bow.

grin.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

cliffy

One more thing to add. I shot the new Bowtechs......smoking fast speed!!! They are worth checking out!!!!!!!!!! Anyone on this forum own one? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts......

Cliffy.

Scoot

I've shot all of Bowtech's new line of bows. I can't say a bad thing about them. They can fling 'em, that's for sure- really fast. But, quiet, relatively little arm shock, and overall really great bows.

cliffy

I just got back from one of the local shops...I wanted to shoot a Tribute but they were all sold out....so I shot a Bowtec Old Glory. Man, those things are smoking fast...and I thought it also had a very smooth and easy draw. I was told they may have more Tributes in a week or two...I gotta try that one again.....I just might have to buy another bow..... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Gus

I have a switchback and love it. I refuse to shoot the XT until I can afford to buy one because if it shoots like I think it will I'll have to bring one home. Bowtechs are great. I shoot with guys who love the tribute. It is a dang nice bow but I'm just a mathews guy at heart. When you get into the higher end bows it isn't about which one is better. They are all very very good and each is better for someone elses feel and taste. It's about what you like the best.

30 inch eyes

I have to agree with you gus, about personal preferance with high end bows. I'm just the opisite of you though. I'm a bowtech guy. I've shot the outback, switchback, switchback xt. all shot very well. I've own an 05 allegience and have shot the constitution, and tribute and 06 alleg. all of these shot basically the same, but for me the diffence was the draw of the bowtechs were a little smoother the the switchback and xt. a little harsh hump on these two, than the bowtech, but great bows. fast and no handshock very little noise also.

Walleye Guy

I am just getting into bow hunting and I took the advice of many of you on the forum and shot a bunch of bows yesterday. The two that stood out were the Bowtech Tribute and Mathews Switchback XT. The Tribute seemed a little faster. They were both incredibly smooth. The Switchback XT was quieter. I decided to go with the Switchback XT. It just seemed to be the right bow for me.

Gopher_Guy

I've shot a bunch of different bows the past few weeks. Allegiance, Switchback XT, Tribute, Trykon, and the 31 and 34 inch Ross bows.

If you ask me, Ross is going to be a major player in the archery game. They make a great bow from what I could tell. I was very close to purchasing one.

But, I wound up getting the Tribute. I don't think I want to go shoot a Ross again because I'm afraid I'd buy one too. They make a very fine bow. I just like the extra speed I got from the Tribute.

It was a coin flip between the Ross 34, the Tribute and the Allegiance. I could have gone back & forth for weeks trying to figure out which one I wanted. In the end I went with the Tribute, just a gut feeling. Ross was a very close second.

Just go shoot as many bows as you can and pick the one that works for you the best.

fishermn

Anyone know how the new Trykon compare to the Switchback as far as price? The switchback XT's I have seen were priced at $795. I Havent done a lot of comparison yet, but I am likely going to buy one of these two...

JHansel7

They pretty much are about the same. I bought my trykon in a package, but I think they had the barebow marked at anywhere from 710-725$ everywhere. I know Scheels in St.Cloud,MN. Had then marked a little lower than the proshops.